lights for 125

britbrit916

so i'm looking into lights for my 125 and I found 72' odyssea t5 quad high out put light 6500k with digital timer. Im wondering if this a good brand and if it will give me enough light to be in at least the medium light range. 

Hi Brit, if you don't mind waiting until tomorrow I'll be able to sit down and write up a post for you. What are you looking to get out of the fixture i.e. what do you want to grow?

Hi Brit, if you don't mind waiting until tomorrow I'll be able to sit down and write up a post for you. What are you looking to get out of the fixture i.e. what do you want to grow?

That would be great! I want to grow medium light plants at the least. I'm not going to be doing c02 right away but I will be eventually so I don't want to be high light of the bat. 

Yes, the Odyssea brand.  I use them for when I need high light/high tech.  They're not on my current setup, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another fixture, if I needed to. :)

Thank you this is very reassuring.

so i'm looking into lights for my 125 and I found 72' odyssea t5 quad high out put light 6500k with digital timer. Im wondering if this a good brand and if it will give me enough light to be in at least the medium light range.

I had a look at the fixture you mentioned and I suspect (just guessing based on how much light I know a high output fixture can churn out it without having actual PAR readings) will be too much light. Running two of the bulbs will work, but you may find you'll have to mute the output. Raising the fixture is the best option (offers better spread, reduces/increases intensity based on height raised), but window screen is another option. A shorter photoperiod will also be good practice; the timer will be of good use. You can start small, say 5 hours, and increase/experiment from there. The Odyssea fixture will be a good investment should you ever need more light, but you can also reduce its default output to suit your needs.

I had a look at the fixture you mentioned and I suspect (just guessing based on how much light I know a high output fixture can churn out it without having actual PAR readings) will be too much light. Running two of the bulbs will work, but you may find you'll have to mute the output. Raising the fixture is the best option (offers better spread, reduces/increases intensity based on height raised), but window screen is another option. A shorter photoperiod will also be good practice; the timer will be of good use. You can start small, say 5 hours, and increase/experiment from there. The Odyssea fixture will be a good investment should you ever need more light, but you can also reduce its default output to suit your needs.

This is great to hear. I think i'm going to buy them!