Tropical fish & Betta with swollen eyes

I have several fish in my 30 gallon Tropical fish tank with swollen eyes that look like Popeye. There are only 2 that I could get a picture of because they move so fast plus my camera is so old it malfunctions constantly and turns itself off all the time!  :no: The sick fish are Some of the Rosy Barbs, the new Female Betta Whisper, a couple of Zebra Danios, and the Cory Cats all have a swollen eye, Plus the White Clouds look bloated but act normal. Just noticed this today, all looked fine last week.

Test Results for the Following:
* Ammonia Level (tank):  0.25
* Nitrite Level (tank)  0
* Nitrate level (Tank)  5.0
* Ammonia Level (Tap): 0
* Nitrite Level (Tap) 0
* Nitrate level (Tap) 0
* Ph Level, (Tank) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 8.4
* Ph Level, (Tap) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.4
Tank information:
* Brand of test kit (drops or strips): API Master test kit, drops.
* Filter name and size (GPH/LPH) Aqua Tech 20-40
* Additives and conditioners: Sachem Prime
* Water temperature (With or without heater- please specify): 78 with 2 heaters
* Last water change date: Today- 11/29/14
* Tank size (Gallons or litres): 30 gallons
* Fish in the tank (species and number): 6 Rosy Barbs, 1 Albino BN Pleco, 1 Golden Algae Eater, 3 Cory catfish, 3 Female Bettas, 3 White Cloud Mountain Minnows, 6 Zebra Danios, 1 Orange Flame Tetra.
* Any new fish added into the tank: Yes, 1 Female Betta
-If Yes: Were they quarantined? Yes she was
-If Yes: Quarantine period and process (meds added): QT for 4 weeks, no meds added.
* List prior health issues in tank: Was suspected case of fish TB but was never confirmed for sure, the infected fish were QT for 4 weeks all got better without no meds, one died. Plus 3 or 4 years ago there was also an unidentified sickness that killed all but one Betta out of 20, plus one Cory Cat. Added Kanaplex and they survived. Bought this tank used, previous owner had sick goldfish that kept dying in this tank.
* Medications previously added to the tank: Kanaplex, BiFuran, Maracyn Two in the past.
* Medications on hand: Kanaplex, BiFuran, Maracyn Two, Jungle Parasite Clear, Aquarium Salt, Epsom Salt.
Affected fish information:
* Diet- brand and amount/duration of feeding: Omega One Tropical Flakes, Hikari Micro Waffers, Hikari Betta Pellets, NLS Betta pellets, Marineland Algae Wafers, Omega One Veggie Rounds, Wardley Spirulina Disks, Hikari Sinking Wafers, API Bottom Feeder Pellets. Omega One Frozen Blood Worms, San Francisco Bay Frozen Brine Shrimp......I do not feed all of these every day. I will choose one kind of Algae Wafer per day for the Algae Eater & Pleco, One kind of Bottom Feeder pellets for the Cory Cats, One Kind of Pellets for the Bettas, and the rest of the Tropicals get the Omega One flakes. So, it is like 1 big Algae Wafer, 2 little Catfish Waffers, a pinch of Omega One flakes, and several Betta pellets for each Betta whom I hand feed.
* Any unusual behaviour such as nipping, bottom sitting, etc: No
* Any unusual findings on fish and in tank: Yes, several have swollen eyes like Pop Eye disease. Swollen bellies in the White Clouds as well.
* Affected fish in quarantine or in main tank: Main Tank
* Current medications being used on affected fish: No meds yet, waiting for instructions.
* Previous medications used to treat affected fish: None yet
* If any, list previous health issues and treatment protocols taken:) Stated that above but was in the past not too recently.

PopeyeRB2.jpg

PopeyeRB3.jpg

PopeyeRB1.jpg

PopeyeB2.jpg

PopeyeB1.jpg

Oh dear! That looks yucky :( I'd do a wc until you hear from a mod. Also, do you have Epsom salt at your disposal? They might say you need it :idont

:goodluck

Oh dear! That looks yucky :( I'd do a wc until you hear from a mod. Also, do you have Epsom salt at your disposal? They might say you need it :idont

:goodluck

I did a WC today, that is when I noticed it. I can do another tomorrow if I don't hear anything back by then.

Yes I do have Epsom salt....can you use that with catfish though?

Oh dear! That looks yucky :( I'd do a wc until you hear from a mod. Also, do you have Epsom salt at your disposal? They might say you need it :idont:goodluck

I did a WC today, that is when I noticed it. I can do another tomorrow if I don't hear anything back by then.

I'm unsure. Wait for a mod. Does your catfish exhibit these same symptoms? Can you list any meds you have on hand so the mods will know when they come on?

I hope everybody is ok :hug

Oh dear! That looks yucky :( I'd do a wc until you hear from a mod. Also, do you have Epsom salt at your disposal? They might say you need it :idont:goodluck

I'm unsure. Wait for a mod. Does your catfish exhibit these same symptoms? Can you list any meds you have on hand so the mods will know when they come on?

I hope everybody is ok :hug

The Algae Eater and Pleco I'm not sure, they hide too well in the tank. The Cory catfish do though.

Yep, I listed all meds that I have above in the form I filled out ;)

First I will say I know next to nothing about tropicals . . .

Having said that, it does look like popeye to me.  I would treat the tank with powdered metronidazole and triple sulfa along with Epsom salt.   I would do a little searching and see if all of those are safe to use with your fish.  :D

First I will say I know next to nothing about tropicals . . .

Having said that, it does look like popeye to me.  I would treat the tank with powdered metronidazole and triple sulfa along with Epsom salt.   I would do a little searching and see if all of those are safe to use with your fish.  :D

I would also look at your water quality as this is often the underlying cause of Popeye.  Why is the ammonia 0.25?  Also, the pH seems high for tropical fish??

Thanks for helping :bighug

Might be several days before I can get out to buy any more meds, or to order some online. I do have lots of Epsom salt though. How much should I add to my tank?

I do not know why the ammonia was 0.25 :idont