• * Ammonia Level(Tap) 0
  • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0
  • * Nitrate level(Tap) 0
  • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6
  • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6
  • Other Required Info:
  • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API Drops
  • * Water temperature? 23
  • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 160gallons, about 3 and a half months
  • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? 3 Canisters that do a combined of about 4500 LPH
  • * How often do you change the water and how much? Every week, 80%
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 6 days ago, 80%
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 8, Between 2-6 inches
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? NLS Goldfish, Bloodworms, 2-3 times a day
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? No
  • * Any medications added to the tank? no
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Last Prazi was about 2 months ago
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? No
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

I'm 99% sure Cali spawned on Wednesday, I didn't actually see her but she was being chased by Tiger before I went to bed and when I woke up there were eggs. She looked a bit worn out then so I put her in another tank by herself for a day and a half and when she looked to have picked up I put her back with the others. She was eating well and swimming around okay this morning, but tonight I noticed she was in the top corner of the tank, laying on her side and seemed to be struggling to get down. When I went near the tank she started swimming a bit more but still looked to be struggling a lot, as you will see, she kind of flips around.

I moved her into a 10g tub and she is mainly just floating in the top corner, but will dart around and try to get to the bottom, but it seems that as soon as she stops putting any effort in she is floating again, but not always on her side. When I moved her I felt her belly and it was really soft and squishy.

I have a video uploading, it's taking a while though.

• Supporter

could you feel her belly? see if it's soft or firm. if you're going to feed her anything, use greens like peas or beans. what temp is the water in her tub? you may want to increase it to around 25-28C to help her move things along (should there be anything stuck in her tract).

• Supporter

could you feel her belly? see if it's soft or firm. if you're going to feed her anything, use greens like peas or beans. what temp is the water in her tub? you may want to increase it to around 25-28C to help her move things along (should there be anything stuck in her tract).

Her Belly is really soft

The tub temp is the same as the tank, 23, I will put a heater in it.

Here is the video, I hope you can see what I mean, it was like she was trying to act ok when I was close enough to video, It seems she really struggles to keep her bum down

Edited by FishyMandy

• Supporter

have you hand spawned before? when you felt her belly just then, did you use much force? did eggs fall out of her vent?

No, I've never hand spawned before, I didn't use a lot of force, No eggs fell out, I did look out for them and tried to rub her the way I've seen in hand spawning videos but wasn't sure about how hard to press

Edited by FishyMandy

• Supporter

if the belly is soft, you should not have to press too hard at all for the release of eggs. my thoughts are to just leave her for a few days in the epsom and added heat, as well as feeding the peas/beans. if she has not passed any eggs or normal poop, or she seems to be swelling, please update us with a video or topview photos and together we can decide what the next step will be. ok?

• Supporter

if the belly is soft, you should not have to press too hard at all for the release of eggs. my thoughts are to just leave her for a few days in the epsom and added heat, as well as feeding the peas/beans. if she has not passed any eggs or normal poop, or she seems to be swelling, please update us with a video or topview photos and together we can decide what the next step will be. ok?

Ok :hug: Thanks so much. I will definitely update x3

• Supporter

She is now swimming around normally :) She also ate a few peas. She looks so much better than she did last night. There was a lot of gunk in her tub this afternoon so I think she was constipated?

Either way she is looking like she is back to her normal self now! But I'm still keeping her in the tub by herself for a bit, I don't want her to get stressed out again, especially if Tiger gets frisky again.

• Supporter

that's awesome news :heart

i would be keeping her in there for 7 days at least. keep the epsom in there for a few days with the temp increased as it is. after a few days, stop the epsom, bring the temp down and keep observing for the remaining days :)

if there is no relapse, she should be right to go back :)

• Supporter

that's awesome news :heart

i would be keeping her in there for 7 days at least. keep the epsom in there for a few days with the temp increased as it is. after a few days, stop the epsom, bring the temp down and keep observing for the remaining days :)

if there is no relapse, she should be right to go back :)

Great :D I was thinking to keep in her there for at least week, glad to know I was on the right track :) Thanks so much for your help, I don't know where I'd be without this forum :heart: