Splitting fish up.

rpgmomma8404

Since my 55 gallon is wwwaaayyy over stocked. Instead of getting a bigger tank right now. I found a 40 breeder that I got a good deal on. I just have to get a stand and a few other things for it to set it up. Would it be safe to put the three telescopes in a 40 breeder? I'm just wondering if they would get depress from going from a large tank to one that is a little smaller then they are used too. It will only be the two of them for a while because the third one is pretty small and I don't want him/her to get bullied.

I think it would be okay. Better than 8 fish in a 55, if that's what you have now.

You might even put the 3rd tele in and just see how it goes. You can always remove the wee one if it is getting harassed. Just closely observe for a while. As long as the little guy won't fit in their mouths. :doh11:

Not all bigger fish bully smaller fish, they really have their own personalities. Sometimes smaller fish pick on bigger fish!

Edited by mysterygirl

• Supporter

i have had extra large fish be afraid of much smaller fish. (always reminds me of the elephant/mouse thing).. they should be fine with the little fish. telescopes are usually quite placid. if you notice any aggression during feeds, then you may want to feed them at opposite ends of the tank.