Two fish in London...What a change

I inherited two goldfish from my colleague at the beginning of this year when she moved to Spain. These wonderful creatures have irreversibly and completely change my life.

I was browsing nostalgically through the pictures I took since adopted my two water puppies. There has been so much change since then and I thought I would share with you.

Edited by Dandelion Blue

I bought a much bigger second hand aquarium, gravel, lights and fake plants. However I first attempted to cycle the tank before putting Eduardo and Pascal into the aquarium. Cycling the aquarium from scratch took ages and maintaining any kind of descent water quality in the fishbowl was impossible. So Eduardo and Pascal were introduce to their new home.

IMAG0119_zpsf84adf9a.jpg

IMAG0121_zpse8f8b9fe.jpg

The tank was enormous from them. And after being scared they started to explore it. They went mad. For a couple of days they would swim at their fastest speed from one side to another and play in the air bubbles.

IMAG0128_zps77363425.jpg

IMAG0134_zps9a2a62b1.jpg

IMAG0160_zps7ebdb727.jpg

Then little blacky (this was when he was little) joined the crew

http://vid43.photobucket.com/albums/e360/Anna-Katharina_Parsons/Mobile%20Uploads/VIDEO0028_zpsk1vxg1bp.mp4

Inspired by the local fish shop and Tadao Ando I attempted to plant the aquarium:

IMAG0350_zps2pmhyftm.jpg

IMAG0363_zps7bfxlprh.jpg

It definitely made a huge change in their life. Having substrate to sift through. Plants to hide in and rip apart. Lots of swimming space. Bubbles to swim through. A goldfish life must be so extremely boring in a goldfishbowl.

IMAG0477_zpsdw4iyvd8.jpg

IMAG0478_zpsokdrjnol.jpg

The planting took a while to get the hang off. What plants were safe, how much light was needed, experiments with Co2. I spent quite a while finding a good balance.

Unfortunately during the move my wee one got injured. Until this day I don't know how it happened in a container without edges. The injury did heal and things went back to normal but my little darling kept getting Ulcers. She got very sick and I lost her. I still miss her very much. Thinking of her sends a burning stab through my heart, I wish I had done better my darling, I wish I had saved you. RIP wee one

IMAG0160_zps7ebdb727.jpg

IMAG0329_zpsm8uvkuzv.jpg

IMAG0473_zpstmuwd7ei.jpg

IMAG0476_zpsz5q9f4ye.jpg

Edited by Dandelion Blue

Wow, you have done a fantastic job with them! And your tank is stunning! :thudPlease come help me with mine!

I'm sorry about your loss. It could have been that she was already harboring something that came out during the stress of the move. :(

Edited by ShawneeRiver

What a nice story of your journey of your fish from beginning till now, they look great! I love their tank too it is beautiful.

Sorry for your loss of your one goldfish. :rip: