My Pico reef tank journal.

Hidr

• Admin

001_zpsc7352ce0.jpg

Set up. No mods on the tank.

My plan is to go very slow and keep it simple.

10 pounds of dry rock. Three small pieces of aquaculture live rock. 5 pounds of live sand.

Looking good.. you got your test kits?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok change of plans. lol More research and I really want at least one fish. So going with this set up instead.

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.aspx?idProduct=ES15606&child=ES15606

This looks like a good size tank with lots of possibilities. I frequent a freshwater/salt fish store the next town over from where I live and they have some of these cube tank sizes set up. They are so beautiful to watch and stare. Your's, Angie, is going to look amazing. Edited by 4prettyfish

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to set up a marine tank, but power cuts here are too frequent for my liking. I shall live vicariously through you Angie :D can't wait to see how this develops, very exciting :)

Edited by Lis.

Tank is cycled  but I am still not done researching to add fish.  I did get some snails and ordered some plants that well be here later today.

I already forgot the name of the snails.  So Ill just call them these and those.

These

016_zps7a1828d8.jpg

Those

020_zps2ae097b9.jpg

FTS

019_zps4ea59695.jpg

• Supporter

I can't wait to see what kind of plants you get. :) do the snails that hide in the sand clean the substrate, or are they just reclusive?

Edited by Mr.B

• Admin

I can't wait to see what kind of plants you get. :) do the snails that hide in the sand clean the substrate, or are they just reclusive?

The sand ones are great for a SW tank... they disturb the sand and eat the debris in the sand....your lucky after a while to see them.... the are mostly happy in the sand :)

• Supporter

The sand ones are great for a SW tank... they disturb the sand and eat the debris in the sand....your lucky after a while to see them.... the are mostly happy in the sand :)

Ahhhh so they are kinda like Malasian Trumpet Snails. Very nice. Thanks Koko. :)

• Admin

Ahhhh so they are kinda like Malasian Trumpet Snails. Very nice. Thanks Koko. :)

:thumbup2::uwelcome

A shaving brush Plant and a Money Plant.  In saltwater tanks they are Saltwater micro algae.  LOL but I well never get use to calling them that it well always be plants to me.

Going to get some more after Christmas.

FTS with plants

002_zps17f29c10.jpg

And my first hitch hiker showed up today,  Snail I think.

007_zps08e349b7.jpg

009_zps0a3ab4c4.jpg

Can I keep him please. He followed me home.

Edited by Hidr

• Supporter

A shaving brush Plant and a Money Plant.  In saltwater tanks they are Saltwater micro algae.  LOL but I well never get use to calling them that it well always be plants to me.

Going to get some more after Christmas.

oooooo I've seen some wicked cool micro algae in tanks before. They have some really amazing colors. Loving this thread Angie. :)