Sign in to follow this  
BrettFish

WTB Fancy Goldfish, WI

I am looking to buy (or have for free) a ranchu, lionhead, or a celestial goldfish. I'd prefer to either pick it up around western Wisconsin or have it shipped. If you have one that you're willing to give up or know of a local breeder or dealer who does, please let me know. Thanks, everyone!

I'd suggest you start searching with Craigslist and Freecycle for your area. That would be the most likely place you'll find a free fish. You could even place a "wanted" add for fancy goldfish and see what you'll find.

If you are looking to buy and have a fish shipped, this thread has several good places to order from: http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/119193-fancy-goldfish-dealers/

Good Luck

Be careful with obtaining fish from Craiglist as it is hard to know what you are getting. I recently had a bad experience with some "free" fish from there. If you do, make sure to do a full and thorough QT.

I live in Green Bay, WI and haven't found a good fish person yet other than a place in Madison supposedly. :no: There's also an aquarium shop here in Green Bay but it looks slightly sketch so I've been against checking it out.

You will never know if they are sketchy or not unless you check them out.

This is the best fish store in Michigan, and also the largest. It is in a somewhat-sketchy part of Lansing, MI, and the building doesn't look the best under the paint. The only visible windows to the inside of the building are at the front of the store. They really had to decorate to get things to look proper on the inside. However, the staff are some of the most knowledgeable LFS staff I have ever met, and they have a small breeding facility in the back of the store in which they breed a couple dozen varieties of fish. They even Prazi their goldfish.