Colourfull Clouds! Chinese Ranchu tank 26 oktober

Hinfin

Thanks for the thumbs up! :thumb:

I have 4 tanks running(2x120g and 2x75g) and 1Q in the fishroom and a basin in the backhouse with...... more ranchu!

I'm looking into expanding the fishroom a little, but my wife doesnt know it yet :D

What ornaments could you possibly need? Round and shiny, the fish do just fine! :rofl

Wow they are just gorgeous... And adorable :teehee

:crying::o

Dont feel bad, ill get those extra tanks in the fish room so all these lovely ranchu can keep growing. My wife will understand it must be done :D

Thanks for the compliments all!

Edited by Hinfin

They are all beautiful. I especially love the darker fish. :wub:

I have a few questions for you if you don't mind because I see your using some sponge filters. Are you using them solely? How often do you do water changes and what size is your tank? The reason for my questions is because I have a 60g with two hydro pro V's and one aqua clear 110. I've tried taking off the ac recently but started getting readings on my nitrite and nitrates. So the aqua clear 110 went back onto my tank with three fish.

Edited by 4prettyfish

They are all beautiful. I especially love the darker fish. :wub:

I have a few questions for you if you don't mind because I see your using some sponge filters. Are you using them solely? How often do you do water changes and what size is your tank? The reason for my questions is because I have a 60g with two hydro pro V's and one aqua clear 110. I've tried taking off the ac recently but started getting readings on my nitrite and nitrates. So the aqua clear 110 went back onto my tank with three fish.

If you look in the back of the tank in the side view video you can see i use high power internal filters, this one is basically a powerhead with two filterjugs attached. In this tank i use a 25w powerhead that is rated at 2000l/hr, there are two exits to the powerhead, one goes up to a spraybar over the full length of the tank and one runs straight out of the powerhead into a baffle. There is a devider that lets you change the flow into the baffle and the spraybar, not a luxury i should add. The filterjugs have a filterpad which you can change and small bioballs and some coral chunks as media. These are quite easy to clean and i do so often.

Because i have tanks stacked this is a good way to guarantee a good nett return to the tank, as you know when using canister filters they lose power when they need to pump up the water high and their rated capacity gets much lower. In the filterjugs you can culture the BB very easily without too many other heterotrophic bacteria. Maybe a simple way of filtering, but i have tried it all, sumps, canisters etc and this seems to work best.

These are very cheap by the way, but not as durable as a quality canister but i have a few spare powerheads and filterjugs :teehee

I use the sponges aswell for airation and some extra biological filtration, actually the same principle, just to culture some more BB without collecting too much mulm. Benefit of the sponges and filterjugs is that i can ready another tank or tub within minutes, fully stocked with all good BB by exchanging some from a cycled tank. Also this setup is very quiet, the loudest are the sponges and they even have a rubber pad on the bottom........

I do a 50%+ WC twice a week, + is depending on what i see in the tank. Monthly 100%.

• Admin

:crying::o

Dont feel bad, ill get those extra tanks in the fish room so all these lovely ranchu can keep growing. My wife will understand it must be done :D

Thanks for the compliments all!

No I was crying cause there not in my pond :lol3

Ah ok, but at some point you would need a pond so the fish can grow out to proper size no? :rolleyes:

I love your fish aswell, much appreciated! :thumb:

• Admin

Ah ok, but at some point you would need a pond so the fish can grow out to proper size no? :rolleyes:

I love your fish aswell, much appreciated! :thumb:

Oh I got one :teehee

DSC_0111_zps1d296486.jpg