Flukes I Think

Mikey

One of us will figure something out. :rofl

Last time I had one of my big bowls in to catch the water, but it wasn't heavy enough not to topple all around. If I held it, or just kept an eye on it it was fine. :idont So far that's all I've got. :rofl

One of us will figure something out. :rofl

Last time I had one of my big bowls in to catch the water, but it wasn't heavy enough not to topple all around. If I held it, or just kept an eye on it it was fine. :idont So far that's all I've got. :rofl

I was thinking of using a plate :) but I don't know where to put it as its filling :rofl

• 3 weeks later...

Puff isn't acting right. I think she may be constipated. She is head standing next to the filter intake and there is sand coming out of her :( Any suggestions? Should I raise the temp and add 1/4 tsp of epsom per ten gallons? They all got salt baths the other day and I have prazi in the water. Their tails have been just a mess of slimecoat.

Mikey, did someone on the mod team direct you to give salt dips, and put Prazi in the tank?  I think that the best way to treat your fish is to leave them alone, and up your water changes to 2-3 times per week.  

Mikey, did someone on the mod team direct you to give salt dips, and put Prazi in the tank? I think that the best way to treat your fish is to leave them alone, and up your water changes to 2-3 times per week.

No :donthit: okay, after this round I'll just do thre water canges. Edited by Mikey

When I had just sand I tried using the plate, but it seemed to be more trouble than it was worth - the plate would shift around from the water spilling on it, and when I lifted it out of the tank, there would be a round spot where no sand was left - so I would have to fix the sand anyway; might as well not have to wash a plate too!

I just rest my Python tube on the center brace, to hold it in place as the tank refills. This allows the water to fill all the way up without the Python ever actually being in the water.

Also make sure you fill the tank slowly (i.e. with low water pressure). Filling the tank too quickly can also cause bubbles - like when you fill a glass of water with the tap on full blast. I made this mistake and ended up with tons of bubbles in my tank and on my fish. I now fill the tank with the lowest water pressure the faucet will allow, and no more problems.

Yeah, I gave up too lol I just let it do whatever. I don't even fix it xD I let my fish do it hahaha.

It does fill slowly. I tskes a good 30-40 minutes to fil.

Still head standing and Her fluid sac near her eye has even more fluid in it :(

I'm at a loss :( I move her but she goes right back to what you will see in the video. I'm going to beg my step dad to take me to get a 20 long tomorrow. I need to get her into QT. For now, I am going to put a sponge there and hope she doesn't go back there.

Sorry you're having so much trouble Mikey. I would just get a rubbermaid container at walmart. Something long and low so you can have enough water but less depth. Seems like those make some of the best Hospital tanks. Especially for fish that head stand and have bouyancy issues.

Thanks Josh :hug

I have a Rubbermaid tub but I dont like that the filter doesn't like to stay on it and that it bows after filling it. :/

She usually doesn't do this and doesn't have buoyancy issues. She's lazy and likes to bottoms sit :rofl she'll get up if she sees me or smells food. She's a ferocious one :o I've gotten quite wet from her before! :madrant

The sponges helped. She hasn't been near the intake once. My step dad is going out later so maybe he'll take me to Petsmart or something. I'll call and see if they have any instock first :rofl