Sign in to follow this  
Lis.

Weigh in and picture updates! (Very pic heavy)

You took some beautiful photo's of your bunch. :wub: They are all gorgeous.

You need to name your no name beauty. :P

How is everyone taking such clear pictures of these wiggly little things? Haha

I'm adding Pepper to my Xmas exchange list. :lol2

:hoho

They all look great! :D

Ill take "No name" :teehee

They are all just beautiful in completely different ways. Lovely collection!

Thank you Cheryl :) I've not been entirely sure what sex no name was until last night, now I can confirm it's 100% female :) I really struggle to find names that stick, nothing has come to mind for her yet :teehee

Your pictures are unbelievable!

Thanks Tammy! :D

Pepper says he can only live with you if Waddles takes his place...:teehee thanks Lisa! :)

:teehee

They are all just beautiful in completely different ways. Lovely collection!

Thanks Susanne, I enjoy the variety in this tank :) I've actually moved two of my fry into this tank now too; a baby oranda and a baby ranchu. They're still pretty timid though :)

They're all just looking so fantastic. :heart I've gone back to this thread several times, just to look through the pictures again. :ignore

Thanks for sharing! You have such an amazing looking tank, and incredible bunch of fish. :heart

Cutiebean is wonderful! Also great plant growth :)

I love the names of your fish. I also envy how pretty your tank is in photographs and admire the fact it still is well, planted! :teehee Your fish must appreciate your landscaping abilities.

Beauties! Love your calico oranda :)

They're all just looking so fantastic. :heart I've gone back to this thread several times, just to look through the pictures again. :ignore

Thanks for sharing! You have such an amazing looking tank, and incredible bunch of fish. :heart

Thank you Jenna :D:heart

Cutiebean is wonderful! Also great plant growth :)

She's a cutie, isn't she ;) haha. Thank you :)

I love the names of your fish. I also envy how pretty your tank is in photographs and admire the fact it still is well, planted! :teehee Your fish must appreciate your landscaping abilities.

Thank you! :D unfortunately I don't think my fish appreciate it at all, they are so naughty haha. They definitely keep me busy with that tank anyway ;)

Beauties! Love your calico oranda :)

Thank you :) I fell in love with him and knew he had to come and live with me :):heart

Thank you Cheryl :) I've not been entirely sure what sex no name was until last night, now I can confirm it's 100% female :) I really struggle to find names that stick, nothing has come to mind for her yet :teehee

Your pictures are unbelievable!

Thanks Tammy! :D

Pepper says he can only live with you if Waddles takes his place... :teehee thanks Lisa! :)

:teehee

At least you narrowed it down to a girl name now. :)

I see your having the same problem I have. My black moors are loosing their melaniphors (black pigment) and turning bronze. I actually like the bronze color especially if they have a little yellow in them. You may or maynot have heard about my project to breed a black ryukin. I saw one once in a Chinese restraint and insttntly fell in love. It was HUGE and completely velvetyblack. I offered the owner 300.00 dollars for it but he politely declined. Unfortunately mixing a black moor and a ryukin will give me a demenkin.  Apparently the gene that gives black moors there googley eyes (which I find grotesque to no end) is very close to the gene responsible for expressing black chromatophores. I'll have to get my black color from another type of goldfish. I've seen pitch black orandas before so I know the color can be selectively bred for. Anyway I LOVE all the photos. Each of your fish have something unique and attractive about them. Were any of them rescues? I and my boss (a Vet) are taking care of an owner turn in (OTI) of 42 fancy goldfish in horrific condition. 2 died the first night, and 11 of them have no tails. I've been feeding these by hand to make sure they get something to eat. Apparently this woman never cycled her aquarium or did any water changes. there is a thread out there under illnesses. Thanks for the info on the plants. I think it's java fern that is the one I like. But if I want to deal with live plants I also have to deal with algae which I'm not prepared to do. My goldfish lights are on a timer. They get exactly 12 hours of light a day. I think it's my frequent and large water changes that keep the nitrate low and algae from forming. I have TONS of bio-film on everything but algae never seems to take hold. When I want them to breed I'll make the daylight longer, the temperature higher and let nature take it's course. I just finished putting pond liner in a huge zinc galvanized (is that redundant?) container. I still haven't done the math to find out how many  gallons it is but it's bigger than my older water tank and it's 1000 gallons. The new tank is 14 feet in diameter and 4 feet deep. Getting pond liner to go where you want It to is next to impossible. Totally aggravated my OCD. I drilled holes in the top rim, used soft and hard washers and pop riveted the edge of the liner to the top rim of the tank. Anyway, I've blathered on enough. I love the pictures. It's obvious you pay quite a bit of attention to your tank and it shows.  PM me anytime you like,I can use all the help I can get with my project. It's pretty ambitious.

Glenn