White spots are spreading

Isa17

I asked about this issue on a past thread:http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/119170-just-wondering-if-this-is-normal/ ,but I feel like the white spots are spreading...

• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank): 0
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank): 0
    • * Nitrate level(Tank): 0
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap): 0
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap): 0
    • * Nitrate level(Tap):0
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines):7.4
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.4

Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?: Api master test kit (drops)
      • * Water temperature? 68
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?: 10 gallon (Quarantine tank) running for 5 weeks
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? No filter
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? 100% daily
      • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? This morning, 100%
      • * How many fish in the tank and their size? One fish, she is about 2-2.5 inches long (35 grams)
      • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
      • * What do you feed your fish and how often? Hikari Oranda Gold (daily-2x daily), peas (daily), bloodworms and brine shrimps (2-4 times weekly)
      • * Any new fish added to the tank? No she's alone in qt
      • * Any medications added to the tank? 0.3% salt and double dose of Prazipro
      • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment: Salt 0.3% for the first 2 weeks, then at 0.2% for the next 2 weeks. I increased again at 0.3% this week. I treated her with PraziPro (finishing round 5)
      • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Tiny little veins in her tail and blurry white spots on her tail and dorsal fin
      • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? She clamped her dorsal fin for 1 or 2 days when I increased the salt again to 0.3% and double-dosed the Prazi. I didn't see a lot of poo from her for a while so I fasted her (2 days) and she is currently on a pea-only diet. I see improvement.

20141019_170116_zps0acfe190.jpg

20141012_162942_zps579ec591.jpg

Medicine I have on hand are:

-Aquarium salt and Epsom salt
-Metronidazole

-Kanaplex

-Melafix

-Furan-2

Thanks !

I would try a salt dip before your next prazi round. Might help the meds get to the affected areas. :)

Thank you I will do that now

I would try a salt dip before your next prazi round. Might help the meds get to the affected areas. :)

Thank you I will do that now

So I just did a salt dip on her. She reacted well (only fell on her side 2x) and she is now swimming around. I'll keep you updated, hope to see improvement! :huh:

I don't see a problem with her the veins on her fins. Is she on her 6th round of prazi now? Do you see any change?

I love your goldfish art!

Yes she has been on prazi for 5 weeks now. My concern is mostly the white spots, not the veins. And thank you for your feedback on my "art"

I don't see a problem with her the veins on her fins. Is she on her 6th round of prazi now? Do you see any change?

Yes she has been on prazi for 5 weeks now. My concern is mostly the white spots, not the veins. And thank you for your feedback on my "art"

Do you see any change with the white spots since the salt dip? What concentration of salt did you dip your cutie?

Do you see any change with the white spots since the salt dip? What concentration of salt did you dip your cutie?

I don't see change. I followed Solid Gold's video on salt dip (14 grams salt for 1 gallon) I'll check again tonight.

Solid Gold's video indicated 114 grams per gallon which makes a 3% concentration. I assume that is what you did. Let me know if different.

What is in her water right now? .1% salt and prazi?

I'm just gathering information for the mods.

Thanks!

Yes, oups 114 salt per 1 gallon water, sorry. Her water is at 0.3% (increased since I noticed these spots) and double dose of Prazi. Thank you I appreciate!

are the white spots actually white spots or are they air bubbles which look to be trapped in the fins?t

Definitely, they don't look like air bubbles trapped in the fins. They are more like blurry patches of lighter color that can be seen through the fins (if it makes any sense). Her tank is a Qt without a light and I can see the spots only if I put some lighting above her, and she goes underneath. I'm sorry this sounds so weird but it's the best I can describe.

Okay, I reported this to the moderators. Let's see what they or bodoba recommends.

This is greatly appreciated! Thank you

Correction : I listed the meds I have on hand in my first post, but the metronidazole and furan 2 are on their way (planned to arrive tomorrow or Thursday)

• Supporter

thank you for your video. i strongly believe that this is not Ich, notice in the photos below that i generated from your video that the spots are between the ray bones and at some points very transparent?

Image1_zps1f096f94.jpg

Image2_zps3e1ad771.jpg

they look like tiny little air bubbles.. my pictures are not clear enough to show the detail i see when i am streaming your vid at 2160p (4K) clarity..

i will add to your report and have others discuss what we can recommend. in the interim, please try to keep temperatures (during water changes) matched as closely as possible, nitrites at zero and when adding new water, rather than easy flow it into the tank, splash flow it in.. i hope that makes sense? we need as much surface agitation to alleviate any supersaturated oxygen that may be coming from your water source. i am not saying this issue happened since she's been in your care, she may have come to you like this but the problem has not been resolved.

thank you for your video. i strongly believe that this is not Ich, notice in the photos below that i generated from your video that the spots are between the ray bones and at some points very transparent?

Image1_zps1f096f94.jpg

Image2_zps3e1ad771.jpg

they look like tiny little air bubbles.. my pictures are not clear enough to show the detail i see when i am streaming your vid at 2160p (4K) clarity..

i will add to your report and have others discuss what we can recommend. in the interim, please try to keep temperatures (during water changes) matched as closely as possible, nitrites at zero and when adding new water, rather than easy flow it into the tank, splash flow it in.. i hope that makes sense? we need as much surface agitation to alleviate any supersaturated oxygen that may be coming from your water source. i am not saying this issue happened since she's been in your care, she may have come to you like this but the problem has not been resolved.

Perfect Helen I will follow what you recommended. In the meantime, should I bring the salt concentration down (it is now at 0.3%)? Thank you so much for the help!

Image1_zps1f096f94.jpg

Image2_zps3e1ad771.jpg

Or, do you think I should stop the salt now since she's been in Qt for almost 6 weeks?

i think we should stop the salt and add in an air wand. this will distribute good oxygen evenly throughout the tank for now. do you have a wand that you can replace the stone with?

I did a 75% WC this morning, and didn't add any salt. I will check tonight when I get home if I can find an air wand. Thanks Helen!! :D

• Supporter

your welcome.

if you feel the flukes issue is resolved, then i would consider stopping all meds and just keep her in QT with the airwand. if you have a spare filter and can seed it with cycled media from the main tank, that would be awesome. since we are not treating with any meds from this point forward, there is no need for many water changes. we can drop the routine down to twice weekly if you can add a cycled filter to the QT tank.

even if you still need to treat with prazi, we are ok to be doing only 2 wc's each week. i think another 2-3 weeks in QT, monitoring these bubbles is a good idea. i will see if i can round up some pictures as an example to what GBD (Gas Bubble Disease) looks like in advanced stages and some information on it, so that you can better understand why i am suggesting this method for your fish.

your welcome.

if you feel the flukes issue is resolved, then i would consider stopping all meds and just keep her in QT with the airwand. if you have a spare filter and can seed it with cycled media from the main tank, that would be awesome. since we are not treating with any meds from this point forward, there is no need for many water changes. we can drop the routine down to twice weekly if you can add a cycled filter to the QT tank.

even if you still need to treat with prazi, we are ok to be doing only 2 wc's each week. i think another 2-3 weeks in QT, monitoring these bubbles is a good idea. i will see if i can round up some pictures as an example to what GBD (Gas Bubble Disease) looks like in advanced stages and some information on it, so that you can better understand why i am suggesting this method for your fish.

You are so helpful. I have a tank that is cycling and my ''old one'' but I am having trouble with the fish in it, that's why I prefered the daily WC, as I don't want to contaminate Fiona. I am going to stop the Prazi and observe. I planned to leave her in Qt anyways since the tank she's going in is cycling.