Still having issues with ranchu....

kiwikacey

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. I'm going to keep track of Dorito, and perhaps start a new thread after I get back from being away next week documenting the process with her so far. Maybe, from there, I can figure out some kind of solution. You've all been wonderful and I thank you for your knowledge, thoughts, and support.

• Admin

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. I'm going to keep track of Dorito, and perhaps start a new thread after I get back from being away next week documenting the process with her so far. Maybe, from there, I can figure out some kind of solution. You've all been wonderful and I thank you for your knowledge, thoughts, and support.

Im sorry hun.. Are you still using the silver hun.... I think Dorito may be a permit sitter :(

Im sorry hun.. Are you still using the silver hun.... I think Dorito may be a permit sitter :(

I actually ran out, and am waiting for a new bottle to come in the mail. Any new instructions once it does, or should I do what I've been doing?

• Admin

I actually ran out, and am waiting for a new bottle to come in the mail. Any new instructions once it does, or should I do what I've been doing?

No lets clean the tank up.... do water changes....

when the silver gets here I want to do one more shot if that doesnt work... nothing I can think of will...

1. 5 gallon container.

2. one 1/8 teaspoon of silver.

3. Air stone.

Let fish sit atleast 30 mins or until not happy. Just like a salt dip.

Then place fish back into tank :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to update everyone - I got home from vacation today and everyone was fine, Dorito was still the same. I've done the "silver bath" with her today, and so far no changes! I'll let you know how things progress :) 

• Admin

Just wanted to update everyone - I got home from vacation today and everyone was fine, Dorito was still the same. I've done the "silver bath" with her today, and so far no changes! I'll let you know how things progress :)

OK hun.... She just might be this way... Im starting to think maybe something happened to her Air Sac and she will be like this... I think the only way to really find out is a Xray.. :o

Yeah she is still the same today. Still eating, still looking fine. I'll just keep an eye on her, and if she gets really bad I'll decide from there. It does seem like she might just be like this...

Thank you all so much for all your help, now and always. I'm hoping to make some update posts soon, so you all can see how all the HEALTHY ones are doing!  :krazy:

• Admin

Yeah she is still the same today. Still eating, still looking fine. I'll just keep an eye on her, and if she gets really bad I'll decide from there. It does seem like she might just be like this...

Thank you all so much for all your help, now and always. I'm hoping to make some update posts soon, so you all can see how all the HEALTHY ones are doing!  :krazy:

I am so sorry hun.... But we tried and you showed ppl that Silver can work just didnt work on this hun.. I wished it did. I would love to see how everyone is doing :hug

If you have the space I would just try and make her as comfortable as possible. I have a fish that is a sinker and I keep her in with my top view Ranchu. The water is only about 6inches deep and she moves around much easier and seems much happier.