Still having issues with ranchu....

kiwikacey

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Awesome lets see if this will help.... :)

you got the 1100ppm one right ? and one drop per gallon right?

:)

Yup! And I'll take the video & post it today :) Fingers crossed that I get some good results!

How is everyone else doing ? Video would be awesome :)

Here's the video. I hope this is what you meant? I tried to get as good an overhead view as possible. I apologize for the bloodworms...I had just given them a treat :)

All the other fish are acting as they usually do. No behavioral changes for them.

• Supporter

it looks like it could be, hey koko? but i don't see any signs of eggs or smear of eggs on the base, which usually happens. so we'll wait to see what KC has to say :)

i hope it is eggs and now that they are released, all will be better :)

• Admin

it looks like it could be, hey koko? but i don't see any signs of eggs or smear of eggs on the base, which usually happens. so we'll wait to see what KC has to say :)

i hope it is eggs and now that they are released, all will be better :)

On the log and on the flower pot... the white dots.. looks like old eggs maybe?

Those are eggs - from my lone nerite snail who keeps on laying and laying. I can't for the life of my scrub them off, so I've just left them. Alas, they aren't from Dorito!

• Admin

Those are eggs - from my lone nerite snail who keeps on laying and laying. I can't for the life of my scrub them off, so I've just left them. Alas, they aren't from Dorito!

Gotcha..... :thumbs:

Still adding the silver...I'm not noticing a ton of (obvious) improvement, but my airstone has also just given out (the pump and all) so I'm currently waiting on the new one to arrive in the mail.

Question: does the silver affect my pH reading? It seems lower than usual (hovering around 7.6 rather than 8) and this has only been happening since I added the silver

• Admin

Still adding the silver...I'm not noticing a ton of (obvious) improvement, but my airstone has also just given out (the pump and all) so I'm currently waiting on the new one to arrive in the mail.

Question: does the silver affect my pH reading? It seems lower than usual (hovering around 7.6 rather than 8) and this has only been happening since I added the silver

Nope Silver wont react with the PH hun... Have you checked your Tap lately...I know around here if it starts to rain alot the PH does change alittle :(

nothing new added like ornaments or plants?

If you reduce bacteria in your system wont the PH be affected?

Why should it be?

Lets not discuss this here. If the airpump broke that might explain the PH aswell. My tap PH is also different then when airated for a few hours, but only 0.2 difference.

I hope Dorito can be helped!

• Admin

If you reduce bacteria in your system wont the PH be affected?

Why should it be?

Lets not discuss this here. If the airpump broke that might explain the PH aswell. My tap PH is also different then when airated for a few hours, but only 0.2 difference.

I hope Dorito can be helped!

Hun this stuff just like other gentle antibiotics doesnt mess with the cycle..... :)

Nothing new added, but the air pump broke so probably less oxygen. I'll keep testing and update you as I go! Thanks, guys!

Please do hun... Lets log your Ph and KH when you test it so we can keep an eye out. :)

• Admin

We can bump it up if you like but if they are doing good I would wait for the pump :)

Hun this stuff just like other gentle antibiotics doesnt mess with the cycle..... :)

Thanks, i know they used this silver as an antibiotic ages ago, and some still use it, but never tried it myself. Sounds interesting!

Thanks! They appear to be doing fine as ever, so I'll wait for the pump and not make any changes. I moved my spray bars so they agitate the surface a bit more, and hopefully that will help in the meantime!

• Admin

Thanks! They appear to be doing fine as ever, so I'll wait for the pump and not make any changes. I moved my spray bars so they agitate the surface a bit more, and hopefully that will help in the meantime!

how we doing hun?

• Admin

Sorry!! Just saw this. They're doing about the same. I got the airstone in the mail no pump yet....ARGH!!! :madrant Anything else you would like me to do?

Whats the PH and KH like hun... are they staying the same?

Yes, I moved the spray bar to better oxygenate the water, and things seem to be more stabilized now. Just hoping the pump comes soon...it was on backorder until Friday, but they never told me! Anyway, how long does it take to see results from the silver, if there are any?

• Admin

Yes, I moved the spray bar to better oxygenate the water, and things seem to be more stabilized now. Just hoping the pump comes soon...it was on backorder until Friday, but they never told me! Anyway, how long does it take to see results from the silver, if there are any?

I want to bump up the silver but I want to make sure your PH is nice and stable before we do.... If the Bumping up for a week or two doesnt help then its not going to...

How is the rest of the crew :)

I want to bump up the silver but I want to make sure your PH is nice and stable before we do.... If the Bumping up for a week or two doesnt help then its not going to...

How is the rest of the crew :)

Ok - sounds good. The rest of the crew is fine, no changes in them, either. I cleaned one of the canisters recently and will probably do the other one next week. I've been debating getting a UV sterilizer for a while now....thoughts? Thanks, as always, for your help!