New Life Spectrum Nutri/Gel mix

Isa17

http://www.bigalspets.ca/nutri-gel-mix-freshwater-100-g.html

62596_zps86aafca1.jpg

If not, what are your thoughts on the ingreadients? Would it make a good staple food? (in combination with New Life Spectrum pellets, fresh greens and frozen bloodworms / brine shrimps) :feedme

Ingredients Whole Antarctic Krill, Whole Fish, Agar, Beta Carotene, Spirulina, Chorella Algae, Omega-3 Fatty Acid, Ulva & Red Seaweed, Kelp, Mollusks, Garlic, Alfalfa Meal, Whole Wheat Flour, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Crude Analysis Crude Protein (min) - 50%
Crude Fat (min) - 9%
Crude Fiber (max) - 5%
Moisture (max) - 10%
Ash (max) - 7%

Thank you ! :P

I'd go with the AlgaeGel. It's more suited to the goldfish diet due to the high algae concentration. (NLS Thera+A and NLS AlgaeGel are my fish's current diet right now. They love it.)

I use the Nutrigel along with Repashey soilentgreen as the two main foods for my fish.

I use nutrigel, repashy soilent green, NLS Thera pellets, NLS algaemax pellets, bloodworms, and brine shrimp. Yup, my babies are spoiled!

It might just be me but I'm confused. The jar says that the instructions for mixing are in the jar? I don't see any instructions as for how to make the food and it's my first try with a commercial gel food powder.

Edited by Isa17

I use the Nutrigel along with Repashey soilentgreen as the two main foods for my fish.

I use nutrigel, repashy soilent green, NLS Thera pellets, NLS algaemax pellets, bloodworms, and brine shrimp. Yup, my babies are spoiled!

It might just be me but I'm confused. The jar says that the instructions for mixing are in the jar? I don't see any instructions as for how to make the food and it's my first try with a commercial gel food powder.

There is a little paper in there.

Ohh really? What kind of idea is this? :huh::hummm

Oh great!! I guess it would be the best combo! :feedme

Ohh really? What kind of idea is this? :huh::hummm

Oh great!! I guess it would be the best combo! :feedme

For me, I had to go poking around in the powder for the instructions...didn't love that part.

I really just thought I needed a second gel food for variety, and both repashy and NLS seem to be good quality brands according to what people say.

I guess I could have made some gel food from scratch (tons of great recipes here posted by other members), but I tend to get a bit lazy and these premade ones are easy.

Now, if only they could make it less smelly...stinks up my microwave and the entire room :rofl