2 New Goldfishes this week end name pebbles and bam-bam

Tohru1529

I talk to my mom about getting my two new goldfishes for the 2 I have left,and she said yes. I was going to get cloud fish but I found out they are warm fishes not cold fishes is that true?

AFFFzkw.jpg

This was what I was going to get

srTVoUX.jpg

This is what I am getting.

I agree with Lisa and J.

Don't listen to what petsmart employees tell you. Unless you are lucky enough to have a very intelligent pet store that specializes in fish, don't listen to anything any employee tells you. They are hardly ever trained for that. :( And WCMMs may be suitable for tanks with small goldfish, but if the goldfish are of any decent size, they will almost always snack on anything small that moves. This is the same reason we don't keep fry with adult goldfish.

My old common Rossa never bothered my minnows and he was probably about 8-9 inches TL. My shubunkin of a similar size didn't, either, but I may just be lucky. All fish but Rossa grew up with them. Most fancies won't be able to catch them. They do well in low temperatures. I left my old school outside overnight in the UK during the spring when I moved in here and they were absolutely fine. Mine are very colourful and active at 68F.

This is not a definite answer to whether or not they will be eaten, though. :)

Edited by JustRachel

Remind us again, how large is your tank, Tohru? :idont

Hi Lisa, I think she had a nice size tank of around 72, 74, gallons, bow front. (hoping I'm right here. here,hehe)

Remind us again, how large is your tank, Tohru? :idont

Hi Lisa, I think she had a nice size tank of around 72, 74, gallons, bow front. (hoping I'm right here. here,hehe)

My tank is a 72 gallon bow front

Thank you guys so much,that made me so happy I really want a Cloud fishies. Waffles was a size of a cloud fishies,dory was bigger then her. Dory really good with small fish. So I say she will be fine,and they have lots of hiding place. I may get 3 or 4 cloud fishies.

Thank you guys so much,that made me so happy I really want a Cloud fishies. Waffles was a size of a cloud fishies,dory was bigger then her. Dory really good with small fish. So I say she will be fine,and they have lots of hiding place. I may get 3 or 4 cloud fishies.

Please do get a minimum of 6. You'll see much more natural behaviour :) They're very small and have small bioloads. Just make sure whatever you feed your goldies can fit in their mouths.

Please do get a minimum of 6. You'll see much more natural behaviour :) They're very small and have small bioloads. Just make sure whatever you feed your goldies can fit in their mouths.

Ok thanks