Sign in to follow this  
ronconcep14

Show and tell... In Southern Cali...

This pic was taken a few months ago. Because there are raccoons in my area and seagulls fly overhead, I had to install a hinged wired gate as a deterrent. The pond is shallow with direct sunlight for most of the day so I provided a little shade in the middle of the gate.

IMG_20141008_230927_zps1a840c44.jpg

That cover looks so cool! And can I steal some of your fish or all of them... :) they are so beautiful and healthy :)

All of your fish are absolutely gorgeous :wub: I could easily watch them all day :heart

Absolutely gorgeous! :D

They are so beautiful, LOVE the video!!! They are all so cute. Very nice pond

Oh my gosh, what a beautiful gang you have there!! :thud

Such a lovely variety of goldies, I love the little white lionhead, and the calico orandas, oh and that fantail! I just want them all!

Congratulations on rearing such gorgeous fish :) I'll look forward to seeing more pics and videos!!

Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks for sharing!! I love your fish, though my favorite HAS to be the orange ranchu with his huge wen!!! You've got my dream setup :wub:

Your goldfish are all incredible :heart

But my 2 faves are the calico tele and the white ranchu with red head :wub:

How many gallons is your pond?

:yikes:goodjob

Thank you all soooo much! Lot of time and care definitely went into this pond and it's residents. Love this hobbby and that people appreciate them just as must as I do. I posted that it was 600 gallons on another topic, but actually its a 450 gallon pond (did the calculations wrong the first time). Thanks for watching.

:thumb:

Do you have a favorite fish?

Hi, I remember your first or one of your first few posts here and I think you were talking about getting some kind of hinged screen lid/top for your pond. It looks beautiful along with protecting your gorgeous fish from the sea gulls in your area.

Loved your video and how the fish were talking to us/me. :P Very original and so cute. I love your "beginning" fish and I'm wondering what I'm going to eat for lunch. :)

How old is your oldest fish?

Wow!!! I've never seen a black moor change like that. Mine just went yellowy gold. Your fish and pond are so beautiful!

I'm SO much in love with your fish! :wub: Plus your cover for your pond is great :)

Incredible! You have quite a variety. They are so adorable. And they look hungry!!

Sorry for the late response. Yes, but there are two that are my favorite and both of them have been with me for about 6 years which makes them one the oldest members of the pond. I'll start off with the big orange lionhead ranchu that we call Ronald McDonald. I got him at Petco for about $5 and he was about 2 inches long. He started off in an indoor 20 gallon aquarium that he shared with my second favorite who I call Red. He is the other big ranchu with the red head and white body. I got him at Petsmart for about $10 and was 2 inches long. He had red patches throughout his body that faded out with time. Outside in the pond at this time were a few koi and some common goldfish. I was trying to move in a different direction because I felt the pond was too shallow for koi (found family and friends to adopt them). I fell in love with fancy goldfish as I started researching trying to find pond fish. Started off with shubunkins and wakins that were almost wiped out by a family of raccoons and disease. This was the early stages of the hobby which was very discouraging and wanted to give up. I persevered and then found some tamasabas, which were awesome. But then "DISEASE"...... and of course it was something I had no encountered yet, one of many. I didn't have a quarantine tank at this time so trying to treat in a bucket, not practical.

The moor that used to be black is about 3 1/2 years old and out in the sun. From my experience the size and color do differ for goldfish that are kept in the indoor aquarium. I had a pair (males) I split with similar color and size. The one I kept in the pond grew bigger and had deeper vibrant coloring. All the pics and vids I had of my old goldfishes were lost on an old phone I had. Thanks for listening.

Your fish and video are very entertaining. I love the quote pop-ups, little mini-bios. It is easy to see how much you know them and care for them.

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful fish with us. :pond