Feeding Peas

2fancies

I have two smaller fancies ,(about 2 in), I'm not sure how old they are. My question is when is a good time to mix up there diet. I am currently only using omega one small sinking pellets. Thanks

You can mix up their diet any time you want. However, there are better alternatives to using peas. If you lightly boil (even in the microwave) leafy greens like spinach and kale, you can give a nutritious treat to your fish that will last longer for them. I enjoy putting that on veggie clips to feed to my goldfish. They can graze on it all day. Another alternative, and something they would naturally eat, is Nori, sushi seaweed. :) That can be found in the asian section of most grocery stores, or even if you have an asian market near you. :) Because it is an aquatic plant, it is the most easily digested of the greens.

U can start now, you can split the peas or try and take skin off.

I try to give my fish a "veggie day" once a week.

Start slow and in small amounts, see what ur fish like. Also would be a good time to start "hand training" ur fish, fish are smarter than we think. Just remember to wash ur hands before put them into the tank.

Good luck and enjoy

It is always good to vary the diet. Im not one to spend as much time making up gourmet food for my fish, but I do buy different kinds of good brands like Hikari and New Life Spectrum and then mix them all together. Same with algae waffers. When I feed peas I just squeeze it to pop the shell wide open and throw it in. They handle the rest.