Catbug has been sick for 3 weeks. Need help.

paasaa

How are things going? :idont

I was just going to post. I feel like the pine-coning has gone down, but there is still some present. The black is darker but I can't tell if it's worse. Am I just supposed to dose forever until she gets better or... ? I don't know where to go next. Because I did the 4 doses of the tri sulfa, and still dosed today the Metro (but not the tri sulfa).

What do you recommend?

I found this for the Metro dosing: http://www.hikariusa.com/solutions/healthaid/metroplus/ Scroll down to the directions

Notice the water change directions.

And this for the triple Sulpha; http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=4829 Click "More Information"

It says you can repeat the treatment. So, I would keep going with both the Triple Sulpha, the Metro and the Epsom. We generally recommend a minimum of 7-10 days for antibiotics. Dose the Triple Sulpha tonight if you get this before :zz

Today is day 10 of antibiotics (Triple Sulfa and Metronidazole, epsom salt, daily 50% water changes) and I wanted to update you all and ask what I should do next. I would do the water changes in the morning before the next dose of meds.

Catbug is doing a lot better, the dropsy is gone, she seems to have an easier time eating better (though she never stopped eating), she is swimming around more, and she seems a bit stronger. The black on her scales has gotten somewhat better but has also spread to new places a little bit (example: the black on her wen spread more, but the black on her belly went away.)

I am worried about stopping the antibiotics with this black stuff on her. Do I stop and see how she does? What do I do if she starts getting worse again?

Any advice?

Edited by paasaa

I would like to personally thank you guys, especially Lisa aka fantailfan1 and Jmetzger1 for helping me. Without your help on this forum my favorite goldfish would have 100% died and would not stand a chance.

Jared or Lisa will be by soon to answer your questions, I just wanted to say that it is great to hear that Catbug is doing better. :thumbup2:

Oh, I do want to answer the question "What do I do if she starts getting worse again?" You give us an update with pictures and we proceed from there.

Edited by LisaCGold

I would like to personally thank you guys, especially Lisa aka fantailfan1 and Jmetzger1 for helping me. Without your help on this forum my favorite goldfish would have 100% died and would not stand a chance.

:clapping: You are very welcome!

You're welcome. :D

I completely agree with Jared--black is not always a bad thing. Often it is a sign of healing and looks worse before it gets better/goes away.

Meds for 14 days and updated pics sometime soon please. I'm really glad Catbug is getting better! :hi5