My 40B (A work in progress)

Cdionne77

There is nothing like the wiggle and waddle of a ranchu. :teehee

How about a link to the ones you like? I think since I'm helping you cycle, I get to choose the fish. :tomuch:

Kidding! But I would like to see them. :lol2 And don't worry about me snatching them, I am already overstocked. :o

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I love it!!

Thank you, still a lot of work left to do... searching for some anubias and java ferns. The one's I have seen so far looked bla lol

Looks good :)

Thank you :)

How about a link to the ones you like? I think since I'm helping you cycle, I get to choose the fish. :tomuch:

Kidding! But I would like to see them. :lol2 And don't worry about me snatching them, I am already overstocked. :o

:rofl That's ok Lisa I know you wouldn't do that to me or :bat: ...ha ha j/k.... I'll try to put the link to the Oranda's that I like... As far as the Ranchu I can't because he's sold.......to me...... :rockon I spoke with Steve and told him my situation, and told him I am also considering an Oranda.......So...... He told me he's in no rush if i'm not so I paid for the chu and we are waiting for hopefully this dang tank to hurry up and do it's thing already :rofl3 ...I told him I would cover costs over the week period that he normally allows for a hold and he didn't seem to mind I happen to snag pics of the chu before he took him off the market... The pics are not mine they are courtesy of Raingarden so im not sure if I can post them

http://www.raingarden.us/goldfish-oranda.htm

Left hand side there are #'s near them. One's I think are cute in this order #1620......#1672 and #1705

I love the face of #1620 but Love the tail and colors on #1672.......#1705 is just a cutie all around... They are just toooooo cute :9

Edited by Cdionne77

http://www.raingarden.us/goldfish-oranda.htm

Left hand side there are #'s near them. One's I think are cute in this order #1620......#1672 and #1705

I love the face of #1620 but Love the tail and colors on #1672.......#1705 is just a cutie all around... They are just toooooo cute :9

What color is your chu? :idont

Calico... A deep orange throughout his body, orange face with black spots, black tail, and white under his belly, he also has black spots all over...I saw a pic of him swimming and his little waddle butt was just the cutest thing I have ever seen. :heart

I love a calico with a red and white. And the red and white really pop against a black background. :D

I agree, that's why I'm not sure if a black oranda would be good, she might get camouflaged on the black background I have :( Edited by Cdionne77

Ooooh, he's cute. And he is a he, yes? :idont

All the oranda you like are female? :ehh

:rofl3

yes he is a confirmed he :rofl3 I know I was worried I told Steve is this a good idea because they will be the only two in the tank.I was worried about aggression and also it's one oranda and one ranchu, that would be for some messed up breeding... He said it will be fine, they will get it out of their system and most likely eat the eggs anyway :yikes

1672's colors are really nice, I think she'd really stand out in the tank. They're all beautiful though. I have no experience with color changes, but would 1620's change colors a lot? Seems like people talk about black fish changing colors more often. So if you're set on a color more maybe take that into account?

1672's colors are really nice, I think she'd really stand out in the tank. They're all beautiful though. I have no experience with color changes, but would 1620's change colors a lot? Seems like people talk about black fish changing colors more often. So if you're set on a color more maybe take that into account?

I heard of black Oranda's changing color myself. If 1672 is still there by the time I figure out what I'm doing. I think I will go with her... I absolutely love her tail too. It looks so nice when she swims in the video. They are all a bunch of cuties :teehee

• 3 weeks later...

Have 3 anubias in there now, looking for a few more so I can finally get the other artificial plant out of there. Still debating on TMS, Anyway here is an update. :)

2014-10-29%2018.39.40_zpsny1gk79a.png

That looks like the same corner filter that I have in my QT tank. ;)

I have it in there for possible power outages because it works with an air pump, or if I actually have to use it in a fry tank lol... I might take it out, although it does give out a ton of bubbles. Not sure if it adds any real filtration amount since it's only rated for a 20 gal :)

Dooooooooooo eeeeeeettttttttttttt. :lol2

I'm afraid of possible anaerobic gasses that might get trapped underneath lol. I get so paranoid listening to some people with their horror stories lol

I might just do it anyway because so many people have it without any problems. I have to stop being such a nervous nelly all the time lol

Edited by Cdionne77

As long as it's not too deep that won't be an issue, Nelly. :rofl3

Ha ha ha I'm going to get it then and just coat the bottom lightly. I love how it looks, but you know me being a Nelly...or is it a Nilly lol

Edited by Cdionne77

your tank is off to a great start!!!thank s for the pic updates?

as for removing the tank sticker,i use plain cooking oil or spray soak the sticker for a bit and it should just slide off ;)

Thank you! I finally got the sticker off. Little by little it came off with a razor blade :)