Birthday present to me! NEW FILTERS

Lozzie

Ok, so I have the 'GOLDFISH FEVER' really bad.

And I've been wanting to upgrade my filters for a while now, but everything has been $$$ and the bank account has been low.

Well it's my birthday next week (30! OMG!) and long behold, the big online pet store I frequent is having a SALE! So I told hubby not to buy me anything and went ahead and spoilt myself (or spoilt the goldfish!)

So I just got a aquaclear 110 HOB For my comet tank, AND a Aquaone clearview 800 for my fancy tank!

Just had to share!

I do feel like a dag when I'd prefer tank equipment over jewellery though LOL

Oh, they were half price... Did I forget to mention that! HALF OFF with free shipping - I love a deal, and goldfish! Ha

woo woo! Sometimes buying yourself presents is the way to go. I don't have a hard time with that, birthday or not. :rofl3

Happy bday, and congrats on the awesome score! :nana

Excellent, I like to give myself "fishy" birthday presents, too :rofl

:yikes

:rofl

Congrats and happy birthday! Sounds like a fantastic sale! Enjoy the new filter!

(I've told my husband before to please not get me flowers for my bday, mother's day, etc and I would just get some plants for my tank instead. :lol2 )

Ok, so I have the 'GOLDFISH FEVER' really bad. ....

...... went ahead and spoilt myself (or spoilt the goldfish!)

You know you belong here on KoKo's when buying stuff for your fish feels like spoiling yourself AND you use the phrase 'Goldfish Fever" in the same post. :rofl3

Congrats on the score!

Edited by mysterygirl

Thanks everyone! Love the support. Most of my family just rolls their eyes :) though hubby is coming over to the 'gold' side rather quickly ;)

Will keep y'all posted on the new goodies. And some new water piggies coming my way too!

I'm only 6 months into goldfish and I've got 3 tanks and with another on the way, and 12 fishies, with another fish at LFS on hold for collection tomorrow!

I'm also making plans for an 1000L outdoor pond to be built in the summer.

Kokos is an amazing wealth of information, you are all so giving with your support and knowledge. I'm not proud to say that I had 3 comets in 3 gallons of water not long ago, but it's all being rectified thanks to Kokonuts! I'm thinking about making a blog here to document my journey from fishy torture (thankfully I had no deaths) to fish paradise :)

Happy birthday! I will be 30 next week ... How random! I too racked up 3 fish tanks in my first 6 months at my boyfriend's house. It was awesome at first, but without much help from him it is a lot to take care of after a while. The smallest, a 20 gal, is now retired.

At my condo, I have a 50 gal and was seriously considering buying a 20 gal from a coworker for a couple of dojo loaches (always wanted those), but thought better of it. A planted tank is a lot more work. One day, I will have a dojo loach tank ... but not today. ;)

Thanks everyone! Love the support. Most of my family just rolls their eyes :) though hubby is coming over to the 'gold' side rather quickly ;)

Will keep y'all posted on the new goodies. And some new water piggies coming my way too!

I'm only 6 months into goldfish and I've got 3 tanks and with another on the way, and 12 fishies, with another fish at LFS on hold for collection tomorrow!

Kokos is an amazing wealth of information, you are all so giving with your support and knowledge. I'm not proud to say that I had 3 comets in 3 gallons of water not long ago, but it's all being rectified thanks to Kokonuts! I'm thinking about making a blog here to document my journey from fishy torture (thankfully I had no deaths) to fish paradise :)

Nearly all of us started out in the same place, so don't feel bad. You are extremely fortunate that you didn't have any deaths. My first experience with fish was 2 carnival fish that lasted exactly 2 days in a kitchen bowl, and I can't tell you how many fish my boyfriend went through back when he was keeping 5 in a 10 gallon ... both of us believed the myth that goldfish only live a few months anyway, so if they do, that means you did a good job! But then I started researching them online like you did, and found out how woefully inadequate this was. My goldfish never fail to impress me; they are such amazing creatures. :D

(I've told my husband before to please not get me flowers for my bday, mother's day, etc and I would just get some plants for my tank instead. :lol2 )

Now that was an awesome idea! Thank you. I got a lovely Anubis on driftwood, which even had flowers on it. Thanks fantail1 (and hubby for actually buying it ;)

Excellent, I like to give myself "fishy" birthday presents, too :rofl

:yikes

:rofl

Congrats and happy birthday! Sounds like a fantastic sale! Enjoy the new filter!

Silly me, I broke the quote box by fiddling.