Leonard is poorly

ninzah

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has not yet passed but it is only a matter of time. He is in the C in the corner of the tank and the only way I know he is still alive is the occasional gasp every minute or so, apart from that there is no indication of life :(

A small part of me wish he had just passed during the day so he didn't have to prolong the suffering, he already seemed almost gone this morning :(

When I returned home he was still twitching and occasionally trying the swim/rearrange, but this has stopped being the case in the last few hours. Feel so helpless.

I don't have any, and it's nearly midnight here. There has been no movement for a while so I think he may be gone.... poor soul. Sheldon is freaking out and swimming all over the tank, I think he's looking for Leonard? :(

He is still alive this morning! Ok what do I do? Will a water change help or stress him? I genuinely believed he was gone last night. What a fighter this wee chap is :o I don't think he's going to ever be ok but if he's going to fight then I've got to try and help him, he clearly wants to live!

I popped him in a bowl and changed his water fully, primed, temp matched and salted to 0.1%. He will hold food in his mouth if I hold it right up to him but never eats it just spits it out up to a minute later.

I have never had this work before but if he is still going when you come back could you lower the water level? It looks like he is a sinking c and not a floating c right?

Yes a sinking C. I will be home briefly in about and hour so can lower the water then. I leave for my hols in less than 24 hours so if he's still alive what should I leave my friend doing? Also what do I do about Sheldon cause he seems healthy but very stressed at being alone :( it's an awful time to have this all happen

I would just do daily or every other day water changes that are pH and temp matched. Maybe get her to take a pic regularly for you if she can get a good one.

Basically just provide clean water and see if the fish will heal itself enough that we can use meds. Meds aren't recommended when a fish is in a c-shape but sinking c isn't as imminent as floating c :hug

Does Leonard have a favorite food? Perhaps something soft like blood worms? If so, maybe try that before you leave. If he can eat even a little something great. When was the last time he ate? I'm assuming maybe a few days ago since this came on so suddenly? He will be ok without eating for a while yet if he wont eat for you before you leave.

How long will you be gone? :idont

Think I may have some blood worms in the freezer. They do enjoy them.

I'll be gone a full week, to tenerife so dunno if I'll get wifi to be able to use my phone :/