Leonard is poorly

ninzah

After a long absence I am sadly back with a sick fishy :(

Trying to post from my phone so please bear with me guys.

Test Results for the Following:

* Ammonia Level(Tank) 0

* Nitrite Level(Tank) 0

* Nitrate level(Tank) 5 was 10 before change

* Ammonia Level(Tap) 0

* Nitrite Level(Tap) 0

* Nitrate level(Tap) almost 0 this week

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6 low stability so crushed shell in filter

* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops

* Water temperature? 75F

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 30gal, 2 years

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Eheim 2217

* How often do you change the water and how much? 50-85% weekly

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? About 70 5 days ago, 85 about 30 mins ago

* How many fish in the tank and their size? 2, approx 2-3 inch body

* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime

* What do you feed your fish and how often? New life spectrum, daily, sometimes twice a day

* Any new fish added to the tank? No

* Any medications added to the tank? No

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Nothing in at least a year

* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Tiny cotton fluffy patches on each side near to gills

* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Drifting, no interest in food, being pushed if near filter.

Is now in collnder to prevent drifting aimlessly, sometimes upside down.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see anything unusual yesterday so has occurred in last 24 hours. Was swimming fine this morning but didn't look too close before work.

Tried photos with my phone and they are ridiculously blurry urgh :( currently charging my Ipod in hope a video will be better.

I'd say a few weeks ago, maybe 6? Just a rinse for the sponges.

Alex took me through a full Prazi salt cycle when I got them but other than that I don't recall either of these 2 being sick before.... :/

Ok taken some more pics and video. It's still poor quality but the best I'm going to get tonight as it's already after midnight :/ just gotta remember how to upload them to photobucket now!

Bump and fluff on one side, only fluff on other side. Photobucket keeps saying upload failed for my videos. I broke my laptop a few months ago so it doesn't work properly which is the reason I'm trying to do everything on my phone

They look like bacterial cysts to me. The fluff is the "pus" bursting through the surface. I would QT him. I would also do a large WC on the main tank since the fluff is floating around in there now.

Do you have access to any antibiotics if needed?

They look like bacterial cysts to me. The fluff is the "pus" bursting through the surface. I would QT him. I would also do a large WC on the main tank since the fluff is floating around in there now.

Do you have access to any antibiotics if needed?

It might also be a good idea to prazi again since it has been a year. Flukes are often the underlying cause of bacterial infections.

I was going to suggest that once he's looking and feeling better. I've had plenty of fish with bacterial cysts but they acted completely normal. The floating in the current concerns me and treating for flukes without having antibiotics available/on hand is a bad idea in my opinion. That's why I asked what she had available. She's in Scotland if I remember correctly.

I was going to suggest that once he's looking and feeling better. I've had plenty of fish with bacterial cysts but they acted completely normal. The floating in the current concerns me and treating for flukes without having antibiotics available/on hand is a bad idea in my opinion. That's why I asked what she had available. She's in Scotland if I remember correctly.

I absolutely agree. I would deal with the infection first and then Prazi :)

Hey guys, overslept this morning and woke up 20 mins before I needed to leave for work :o so nothing got done this morning apart from offering him a few nls pellets, he did show vague interest but just ate one or two (I only put in about 6, normally they get about 20+ as they're still getting the tiny size). He doesnt seem worse atext least....

I'm now on the bus to work, planning on passing off my 'just woke up' hairstyle as a 'been caught in the rain on the way to work' look!!

I can get my 10 gal sorted this evening, filter I might struggle with so may be large and frequent changes? Although I'm sure I still have a Stingray 15 still kicking about somewhere....

I have little to no access for meds here. However Alex did a ship over for some of us of metro meds? It had all its label removed for customs so I'm going by memory. Sadly it's been opened though when Psycho was having problems so it's not fresh :( I reckon that was over 9 months ago.