Sign in to follow this  
jenzaar

Betty - slight pineconing

:heart She's such a sweetheart. Fins crossed everything goes swimmingly. :gfish:

Aw poor Betty, get well soon! :hug

Fins crossed she's just having lady (a.k.a. 'eggy') problems

Oh Betty :grouphug

She's just the most unique goldfish I've ever seen! I love her :hug

I do too. She ranks as my most special fish. They all come in first place for one category. :rofl

:heart She's such a sweetheart. Fins crossed everything goes swimmingly. :gfish:

Thanks dear. :)

She is a sweetie. And a dancer. :teehee I'll have to get a video of her during mealtime.

Aw poor Betty, get well soon! :hug

Fins crossed she's just having lady (a.k.a. 'eggy') problems

Thanks Kate! :)

Okay, I've just ordered new MMs.

and my store has Metro+ in stock. Is this what I want, if I will need it down the line?

I hope Betty feel's better soon.

Thanks! :)

Great, Lisa's MMs will be fine if you need to start before the new ones arrive. I think the Meto+ is fine, although I've never used it. I usually recommend that people stock Seachem Metronidazole and Kanaplex powders in case a fish refuses Metro Meds.

www.petmountain.com stocks both of these :)

Okay. I'll stop in tomorrow and see if they have anything else in stock. I feel so silly not having any of this on hand. Always put it off. But, oh well we are here now!

We'll be home shortly and I'll check up on her. :)

I really think any goldfish keeper should keep both Metro Meds and the Metro and Kana powders on hand if they are able to acquire them. Metro Meds are usually my first choice in many cases. But, if the fish won't eat or if you are treating multiple fish, the powders are better. What people need to remember is that Metro Meds isn't just metronidazole. There are two other drugs in there. This is why we recommend Kanaplex or something comparable + Metronidazole when you choose the water borne route. This way you are covering aerobic, anaerobic, gram negative and gram positive types of bacterial infections.

Should i be feeding her normally?

I would feed her lightly.

Oh no not my Betty! She is my most favorite fish here! :wub: I just love her so much :heart I am worried about her as much as if she were my own. :unsure: Get well Betty! :please

I hope it isn't anything too bad. Hugs for you and Betty :hug

I would feed her lightly.

Okay :)

The lighting where she is makes it very hard to see her scales well. I'll pull a lamp in soon and check up on her, but her behavior and shape look ok.

Oh no not my Betty! She is my most favorite fish here! :wub: I just love her so much :heart I am worried about her as much as if she were my own. :unsure: Get well Betty! :please

I hope it isn't anything too bad. Hugs for you and Betty :hug

:rofl nice save.

So far so good. Thanks for the well wishes :)

sadhug.gif I hope she is ok! :hug

Thanks Tiki! I think she's okay. Just glad I saw this when i did. :hug

I hope Betty looks/feels better soon, Jenna. :hug She's a gorgeous fish.

Quick and crappy video. Sorry for the barking (i moved a lamp! How scary! :yikes) and the orientation... And how you can't really see anything :rofl

H

I'm going to change her water and let the phone charge a bit before i try to get a better video.

But pretty much i don't think i see any change?

I hope Betty looks/feels better soon, Jenna. :hug She's a gorgeous fish.

Thanks so much! :)

Winslow must not sound like a real dog! Not one of my 3 so much as ear twitched at the vid and it was on full volume! :tomuch:

Betty, Betty, get better for your Mama (and us all!) :heart

Winslow must not sound like a real dog! Not one of my 3 so much as ear twitched at the vid and it was on full volume! :tomuch:

Betty, Betty, get better for your Mama (and us all!) :heart

Hahaha too funny! And he thinks he's tough :rofl

Aaaand today I've found Blimp, Plumbean, and Myrtle with light stringy poop. :thud

:( Oh, no. :(

:hug

and I am not finding the Seachem metro on Petmountain, just the Hikari stuff they have at trop. Nevermind I got it!!

Breathe, breathe, breathe.

what else? feeling the need for ammo since I am already unprepared and feeling a fool.

Edited by jenzaar

:hi just thought I'd mention you might want to tip up the temp a bit, 76 is kinda low when using an Epsom treatment. 78 or 80 might help the metabolism get through all that magnesium :)

:hi just thought I'd mention you might want to tip up the temp a bit, 76 is kinda low when using an Epsom treatment. 78 or 80 might help the metabolism get through all that magnesium :)

Derp. I knew that. :teehee

Thanks, Una. :hug

and I am not finding the Seachem metro on Petmountain, just the Hikari stuff they have at trop. Nevermind I got it!!

what else? feeling the need for ammo since I am already unprepared and feeling a fool.

I always stock Seachem Metronidazole and Kanaplex powders in case a fish refuses Metro Meds, I am treating multiple fish or Metro alone isn't doing the trick.

They've both been ordered. :)

Just wasn't sure if i should throw anything else in the cart.

Well...........

I like to Keep Furan-2 and Medi Gold handy as well :rofl

But, I don't think you need them for this. They are more for external issues :)

Healing vibes to Betty! And better poop energy to all of your fish!

Well...........

I like to Keep Furan-2 and Medi Gold handy as well :rofl

But, I don't think you need them for this. They are more for external issues :)

Ah man! My comment never went through :rofl

I did see Bifuran at the store today. But like the metro+ I just wasn't sure if i wanted seachem over hikari or something like that.

Healing vibes to Betty! And better poop energy to all of your fish!

:rofl thanks Lisa for the poop energy! They're stressing me out. My big (to me) orange one is bottom sitting a bit and just eeehhhhh.

I don't know if I should make one more thread or just add everyone else in here?