Question on fishless tank cycling

Cdionne77

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can add them if you'd like. :idont I would wait a bit.

If you just did 100% WC, I would add ammonia to 1 ppm and retest ammonia and nitrite in 24 hours. . .. :D

We use salt to block nitrite toxicity so that is not a problem but I would still be a bit hesitant to add them if it's jumping to 2-5. :idont

You can add them if you'd like. :idont I would wait a bit.

If you just did 100% WC, I would add ammonia to 1 ppm and retest ammonia and nitrite in 24 hours. . .. :D

We use salt to block nitrite toxicity so that is not a problem but I would still be a bit hesitant to add them if it's jumping to 2-5. :idont

Sounds good. I'll wait and test again tomorrow:)

Ok well I tested again. Nitrite is still around 2ppm. It's not as dark purple but it's still purple. Ammonia is 0 and nitrate is around 20-40.... Should I add more ammonia in?

I'm thinking of doing a 100% WC on the 40 again tonight... Ammonia that I put in yesterday to .05 is completely gone but nitrites are still purple at around 2 although it's looking a little lighter...And nitrates are 40ppm

I think so. Im still debating that one. Im just so un sure right now. Nitrite is still so high, but the small QT tub cant be good either. I just dont want to do more harm than good. But I will be adding .03% salt to the 40 which should help ease the high nirites. And citrus still looks a little prickly, not sure if its because Skipper stresses her or what. Both are still active and eating so idk what to do

Edited by Cdionne77

Lisa what would you do? And im still dont like the prickly scales on her too, but if uts only because Skipper is stressing her I dont want to medicate for no reason. She is active no bottom sitting and eating. Im such a newbie still so maybe im just over reacting? Idk

Has the prickliness changed at all? :idont

She looks the same as she did several days ago. No fully sticking out but doesn't look completely flat either. She looks kind of bottom heavy, is it possible she is carrying eggs? I just checked the params in the 40 again. My nitrate just shot up to 80ppm... But nitrite is still dark purple from 2-5ppm.. Ammonia is 0 from what I added in this morning

No white stringy poo for either of them. Everything looks like normal GF poo. I gave them both peas this morning. I have .03% salt going on now in the QT it's been at .03% since Monday night

Well so far so good. I checked nitrites this morning and it's still at 0 nitrates were at 5ppm and ammonia test looked mostly yellow with a touch of green, so I would say it's below .25ppm on the chart. Skipper is chasing citrus less, he is more interested in moving the rocks around to see if there is any food under them lol and citrus scales look to be flattened out. I have noticed that Skipper does get tired and rests for a few moments on the bottom but then swims around again messing with the rocks. So ** knocking on wood** things are going well.