Sign in to follow this  
Whiskers

Weighing Day!

Since you guys loved my pictures in my welcoming thread so much, I took a few more today! I felt bad because I last
weighed them only ten days ago but I thought I was going crazy every time I looked at Candy Corn. He seemed
super big! Turns out he put on 12g since two weeks ago.

Byau73YIMAAETxd_zpsa1144ccf.jpg

Sir Candy Corn himself demanding I give him food for his vacuum mouth. Final weigh in was 50g.

10421614_10202452254502212_8724861924318

Candy Corn versus my girly hand! He now fits snuggly in my palm when I pick him up.

Byau7mhIcAAxG9t_zps28bbbbf3.jpg

photo_zps31df269a.jpg

Jelly Bean! Same amount of water (maybe even less) than in Candy Corn's picture. Totally can see the difference in their sizes. She came in at only 38g. She grew 8g in two weeks. Must be something in the water, seriously. Her facial wen is starting to come in more so she no longer is just a giant brain.

Bx6ZDjlCUAEl2hD_zps03bbf4a9.jpg

And an extra dorky picture where my fish look like little dufuses. :heart

those are good pics :thumbup2: , i wish my fish would get to be over 50 grams

Candy Corn's still tiny compared to some around here but yeah, in the last month he's shot out like a weed again! I added in new food (OmegaOne) and have switched to that primarily because I could feed them easier with OmegaOne than Hikari because I don't need to pre-soak. I just didn't have time to hand feed either because of homework but it turns out they grow just fine without me. :teehee

If it makes you feel better Candy Corn's about a year old? I've had him for about seven months now and he was pretty tiny when I got him so probably about 3 months then? Not sure how old your fish are. He's also so supposed to be a Fantail but he has a nice hump coming in.

:thumbup2:

Wow I wish my fish would grow that fast!

Very nice.

One thing I have learned is that if you want big fish, you must feed good food. Skip brands like Tetra and go for good brands like Hikari or New Life Spectrum. Feed often and don't be scared to feed closer to 2% body weight than 1%.

Very nice.

One thing I have learned is that if you want big fish, you must feed good food. Skip brands like Tetra and go for good brands like Hikari or New Life Spectrum. Feed often and don't be scared to feed closer to 2% body weight than 1%.

Yup. My fish get Hikari and Omega One right now. Their first spurt was when I introduced Hikari and now they're growing again with Omega One. Their growth was so stagnant on other foods.