Upgraded to a 40 gal breeder! Super Happy

Cdionne77

Well I have a 37 gallon x tall that I am in the 2 week point of cycling right now. I was hoping to have 2 Oranda's in there. Although I know I could do it but be a bit crammed I decided I wanted what ever fish I choose to be as happy and healthy as they could be on my budget and limited space I had for a tank..... So I went out and found a 40B . I am so much happier now. I still have to shop around for a stand but I have some time because correct me if I'm wrong I should keep going with the cycling process on the 37 gallon till it's finished correct ?

Well I have a 37 gallon x tall that I am in the 2 week point of cycling right now. I was hoping to have 2 Oranda's in there. Although I know I could do it but be a bit crammed I decided I wanted what ever fish I choose to be as happy and healthy as they could be on my budget and limited space I had for a tank..... So I went out and found a 40B . I am so much happier now. I still have to shop around for a stand but I have some time because correct me if I'm wrong I should keep going with the cycling process on the 37 gallon till it's finished correct ?

The 40B is an ideal tank for 2 Goldfish! I would just move the filter (untouched -do not clean it) to the 40B as soon as you have the stand. The beneficial bacteria are mostly in the filter.

:Congrats::clapping:

That is what I will be getting this Sunday to put my 2 little goldfish in, I believe the one dollar per gallon sale at Petco will be starting that day. (Hopefully) I have been waiting for a 40 breeder tank for a while now.

I am going to build a cinderblock stand like the ones in the link below. I already have a 20 gallon long tank on one and two 40 Breeder tanks with my Hermit Crab tanks are on another one I made. I just didn't paint the bricks or put shelves in them. I use plastic storage drawers to store my fish stuff in under the tank.

http://virtuallyamy.wordpress.com/2008/08/13/build-a-strong-inexpensive-aquarium-stand/comment-page-4/#comments

This is the stand I was going to get if I didn't build one, it is at Doctors Foster & Smith online. The one rated for a 65 gallon tank is the right size for a 40 breeder tank.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3730+3732+9883&pcatid=9883

Nice knowing that we will be starting our 40B tanks around the same time :)

That is what I will be getting this Sunday to put my 2 little goldfish in, I believe the one dollar per gallon sale at Petco will be starting that day. (Hopefully) I have been waiting for a 40 breeder tank for a while now.

I am going to build a cinderblock stand like the ones in the link below. I already have a 20 gallon long tank on one and two 40 Breeder tanks with my Hermit Crab tanks are on another one I made. I just didn't paint the bricks or put shelves in them. I use plastic storage drawers to store my fish stuff in under the tank.

http://virtuallyamy.wordpress.com/2008/08/13/build-a-strong-inexpensive-aquarium-stand/comment-page-4/#comments

This is the stand I was going to get if I didn't build one, it is at Doctors Foster & Smith online. The one rated for a 65 gallon tank is the right size for a 40 breeder tank.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3730+3732+9883&pcatid=9883

Thanks for the tip. I didn't hear anything about the petco sale in my area. Will have to check on that. The Dr Foster stand is only $69 and free shipping!!! Looks like a great deal to me and it's metal. :)

That stand from Foster&Smith is really cheap and unsteady. I returned mine the day I got it. If you have any kids in the house, I wouldn't trust it at all. I have a Brooklyn stand for my 40B from Petco. They are nice sturdy stands.

That stand from Foster&Smith is really cheap and unsteady. I returned mine the day I got it. If you have any kids in the house, I wouldn't trust it at all. I have a Brooklyn stand for my 40B from Petco. They are nice sturdy stands.

I'm glad I didn't order it yet thank you, I actually looked at the Brooklyn one from petco but they didn't have any for the 40B on line or in store :(

I'm glad I didn't order it yet thank you, I actually looked at the Brooklyn one from petco but they didn't have any for the 40B on line or in store :(

I think that they can special order it in for you. Just ask one of the kids that work there. :)

I am going to build a cinderblock stand like the ones in the link below. I already have a 20 gallon long tank on one and two 40 Breeder tanks with my Hermit Crab tanks are on another one I made. I just didn't paint the bricks or put shelves in them. I use plastic storage drawers to store my fish stuff in under the tank. http://virtuallyamy.wordpress.com/2008/08/13/build-a-strong-inexpensive-aquarium-stand/comment-page-4/#comments

This is the stand I was going to get if I didn't build one, it is at Doctors Foster & Smith online. The one rated for a 65 gallon tank is the right size for a 40 breeder tank.http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3730+3732+9883&pcatid=9883

I think that they can special order it in for you. Just ask one of the kids that work there. :)

Thanks, I'm gonna call them to confirm :)

I also really loved my brooklyn when I had it. Very sturdy, so much so that when I upgraded to the 55 I bought another one for that tank. Now that I am back to a 40B again I wish I wouldn't have sold the 40B one.

I also really loved my brooklyn when I had it. Very sturdy, so much so that when I upgraded to the 55 I bought another one for that tank. Now that I am back to a 40B again I wish I wouldn't have sold the 40B one.

I just called Petco to see if they could order one in for me and they stated that the company no longer carries them which is a complete bummer :(

I just called Petco to see if they could order one in for me and they stated that the company no longer carries them which is a complete bummer :(

That stinks. They have them for the other sizes still. I wonder why they stopped carrying them. Do you have any other Petco stores within a reasonable driving distance that you can check with? Some may have old stock.

That stinks. They have them for the other sizes still. I wonder why they stopped carrying them. Do you have any other Petco stores within a reasonable driving distance that you can check with? Some may have old stock.

I do, I have two more I was going to call tomorrow

Congratulations on your upgrade to a 40B. That is a beautiful size tank.

Thank you, I'm anxious to get it up and running but I'm in the middle of a fishless cycle on my 37 which is taking forever :(