Sign in to follow this  
Ninjouzata

Looking for Ranchu Breeders

Waddles!! :D:heart:teehee

I WANT Waddles! Too adorable!

Cynthia (and any good breeder) won't block or ignore you without good reason. Which makes me think there may be more to the story, however, try looking around locally as well. ECR definitely has some of the best fish and very reasonably priced. I suggest reading up on Ranchu grading as well if you're trying to buy broodstock quality, show quality, pet quality, etc.

Here is a fish I have from ECR who is growing very nicely.

01f40cb95a78c4b3b7995818c7f04ec4.jpg

Edited by Pearlscaleperfect

Wow, he/she is very lovely! Thanks for sharing with me.

I figured someone would say that. I don't mean that in a rude way, just saying. I'd be happy to post the conversation but I don't think it's allowed.

If you want to see it I suppose I could PM it to you? Maybe you can figure out what I did wrong. :) *Edit* Forgot, I can't PM yet, need 100 posts. >.<

I'm not looking for a specific quality, I don't think. Just one that looks cute to me and that I feel a connection with. I will do some more reading though!

Do you have any recommendations on where to start? Of course I'm going to go search around on here although I noticed there doesn't seem to be a specific sticky on ranchu in the types of goldfish section. I seem to be a terrible searcher though so hopefully I stumble upon something :P

Thanks again <3

Edited by Ninjouzata

I figured someone would say that. I don't mean that in a rude way, just saying. I'd be happy to post the conversation but I don't think it's allowed.

If you want to see it I suppose I could PM it to you? Maybe you can figure out what I did wrong. :) *Edit* Forgot, I can't PM yet, need 100 posts. >.<

Cynthia from ECR actually monitors our forum quite carefully, so I'd like to advise you that your best course of action is likely to let it drop, and continue on. If she eventually feels that she is ready to put you back in her good graces, then I have no doubt that she will reach out to you.

http://www.bristol-aquarists.org.uk/goldfish/ranchu/ranchu.htm

Here are the standards for the uk based aquarists society. They are 14 years old but they are a good start for familiarizing yourself with them.

Thank you for letting us know there is no write up for ranchu's. I will have to get on that :idea

Waddles is adorable!!!! :heart

:rofl. Sorry. I forget that not everyone knows who Waddles is. :teehee

Well, here he is. :heart

e4yga4ed.jpg

mudysymu.jpg

Finally got to like the Waddles! :thumbup2:

Lets say this, allthough there is much to be said for a good SVR standard, in terms of cuteness Waddles is SHOW quality triple A fish! :#1:exactly

Edited by Hinfin

I go for cuteness. No show quality fish in my tanks. But cute fish? Yep! :rofl3

And, thanks. :D

Cynthia from ECR actually monitors our forum quite carefully, so I'd like to advise you that your best course of action is likely to let it drop, and continue on. If she eventually feels that she is ready to put you back in her good graces, then I have no doubt that she will reach out to you.

Well I hope she does monitor this thread so that maybe she can let me know what I might have done wrong. Since I really have no idea what I could have done or said that would have made her decide to block me. She was my favorite pick and had two that I really wanted. And after reading glowing after glowing review of her service and fish, I am well and truly baffled not to mention hurt by this blocking. In the mean time I will keep trying to find some other breeders.

http://www.bristol-aquarists.org.uk/goldfish/ranchu/ranchu.htm

Here are the standards for the uk based aquarists society. They are 14 years old but they are a good start for familiarizing yourself with them.

Thank you for letting us know there is no write up for ranchu's. I will have to get on that :idea

Thanks hon! I look forward to reading the write up when that comes out ^_^

Let's discontinue the dialogue about Cynthia at this point. Thank You :thumb:

I love the one on the left, though they're both great. I also really like the tank! Where did you get those stones? How long is the tank? ;o

I love the one on the left, though they're both great. I also really like the tank! Where did you get those stones? How long is the tank? ;o

Hello. The tank is 30 gallon's and 36 inches long. I got the stone's at Walmart in the craft section.

I go for cuteness. No show quality fish in my tanks. But cute fish? Yep! :rofl3

And, thanks. :D

For me the hobby is all about enjoying healthy fish! I do keep a few oddballs though :teehee

Sometimes it's the oddballs that make the most fun pets. ;)

I saw someone on FB looking for potential homes for her baby ranchu. Check the group Fancy Goldfish -- A Global Community. I hope it's OK to direct to that! :scared

Edited by ShawneeRiver

I saw someone on FB looking for potential homes for her baby ranchu. Check the group Fancy Goldfish -- A Global Community. I hope it's OK to direct to that! :scared

I hope it's okay as well. I was already a member there though, if it helps :P

Let's see..the only one I am seeing is from someone whose name starts with an N and she is seeing who will be interested?

If so I know her and I do hope to buy from her in the future. If not..I'll keep an eye out. Thanks so much! <3

That's the one. It looks like she has nice fish and would sell them young.