Sign in to follow this  
Ninjouzata

Looking for Ranchu Breeders

Hello! Sorry if this is in the wrong section, it's the best one I can think of to put it in. I have already tried searching for this but couldn't find anything.

I am looking for some ranchu breeders (side view not top view).

I'd like them to be ones offering ranchus in the 3-4" range and preferably in red and/or calico. I plan on buying two.

I'm located in Georgia so if anyone knows breeders nearby that'd be great, but online is fine too.

Here are the ones I have checked out so far: Rain garden, dandy orandas, buygoldfishonline, blueridgekoi, goldfishnet, koi-art, ebay, and aquabid.

I have checked out East Coast Ranchu as well but while in the process of setting up my tank and researching proper care and parameters she blocked me for no apparent reason, both on facebook and by e-mail.

I thought it might help to give reasons for why I am not buying from the others listed:

Rain Garden: Beautiful fish, but bigger than I want. None available right now that I am particularly fond of.

Dandy Orandas: Beautiful fish again, but much bigger and pricier than I'd like. I have e-mailed him to ask if smaller ones would be available but not sure if he'll respond.

Buygoldfishonline: None that appeal to me currently.

Blueridgekoi: Seems like you can only buy in great quantities and do not get to see the fish you're purchasing. If this isn't the case let me know, I am not the best at navigating sites so maybe I just missed what I'm looking for.

Goldfishnet: Bit pricier than I'd like, have heard some negative things although this was just from one person. I do trust them though and they have purchased from him before.

Koi-art: Seem larger than I'm looking for.

Ebay: The only ones I found on here I showed to a trusted person who has experience with goldfish and she said they looked stunted.

Aquabid: None that appeal to me, unsure of quality.

There was another I tried to list but it just came up as !!! so I'm assuming they are not to be named..which means I probably wouldn't want to buy from them anyway :)

Thanks for any and all responses! Looking forward to reading them.

I guess I'd want to find out why I was blocked by East Coast Ranchu because that's probably your best bet. Or buy one locally. Are you near any decent fish stores? They can sometimes order a fish.

I guess I'd want to find out why I was blocked by East Coast Ranchu because that's probably your best bet. Or buy one locally. Are you near any decent fish stores? They can sometimes order a fish.

I knew I was forgetting to write something. I have never seen one locally.

My LFS can get in lionheads though in the past year and a half that I've been going there I've only ever seen one..but I would really rather have ranchu.

I'd also like to find out why I was blocked but there is no way to do that since I can't communicate with her.

Thanks for your quick response by the way :)

http://randysnursery.com/

http://www.atlantawatergardens.com/

These places might be able to help you! Though I agree, I think East Coast Ranchu is the best in terms of price + shipping ease + quality of fish.

You might also look into other pet stores around your area :) My pet store is always willing to help me out with finding a particular critter.

http://randysnursery.com/

http://www.atlantawatergardens.com/

These places might be able to help you! Though I agree, I think East Coast Ranchu is the best in terms of price + shipping ease + quality of fish.

You might also look into other pet stores around your area :) My pet store is always willing to help me out with finding a particular critter.

I had seen the randysnursery as well but since it didn't have anything about their goldfish on the site I assumed it wasn't a big part of their business.

I suppose I will have to call both of them..no biggie. Randys is only around 45 minutes away I think :D Thanks!

It depends on the quality of ranchu you are wanting but if you have high taste then it will cost. Ranchus have quite a cost ratio compared to other breeds due to current popularity. :)

It depends on the quality of ranchu you are wanting but if you have high taste then it will cost. Ranchus have quite a cost ratio compared to other breeds due to current popularity. :)

Yeah, typical me apparently to like the more pricey things.. What would ECR's quality be called?

I would link the two that I want from her to show what I like but not sure that's allowed.

I'm not trying to bash and harp on her just extremely frustrated. The e-mail I sent to her was me asking for pricing and sizing as I was ready to order fish (although I wanted to put them on hold) when I was sent back something that sounds to me like I was blocked.

Thanks for your response!

A "good quality" Edonishiki is hard to find. Goldfish Connection is one of the few sites where I have seen them.

Oh, and Lisa has one :rofl

A "good quality" Edoniskiki is hard to find. Goldfish Connection is one of the few sites where I have seen them.

Oh, and Lisa has one :rofl

:rockon. I had to import mine. From Jared's tank. :tomuch:

I actually just got a nice looking little Chu (Nugget :teehee) from a local Craigslist ad. Never hurts to look :)

You guys are silly :) Is that what what I want would be called...edoniskiki? I feel dumb :(

I'll be sure to check craigslist as well. Thank you!

Edoniskiki? I think it's spelled Edonishiki as in... "Nishikigoi". :teehee Typo. They happen.

They're calico ranchu. And they're beautiful. Dandy Orandas always has the best ones. Seriously, I would consider spending that kind of cash if that's what I were looking for. I've been to Ken's place. He has a TON of gorgeous ranchu and takes care of them very well. And if you emailed him asking for smaller fish, check this weekend's auction. Friday at 8pm. I bet he will have some listed for you. Just remember that he does deal in imports so they aren't going to be baby chu like you'd get from Cynthia. They aren't all monsters though, either.

Edoniskiki? I think it's spelled Edonishiki as in... "Nishikigoi". :teehee Typo. They happen.

They're calico ranchu. And they're beautiful. Dandy Orandas always has the best ones. Seriously, I would consider spending that kind of cash if that's what I were looking for. I've been to Ken's place. He has a TON of gorgeous ranchu and takes care of them very well. And if you emailed him asking for smaller fish, check this weekend's auction. Friday at 8pm. I bet he will have some listed for you. Just remember that he does deal in imports so they aren't going to be baby chu like you'd get from Cynthia. They aren't all monsters though, either.

Oopsie :P

Oh I see! I am not doubting Ken at all, just the stuff he lists is usually bigger and/or pricier than I want/can do. I will be checking his auction though, even if I can't get them from him they're still lovely to look at.

That gives me hope that he may list some, I wasn't sure if he was one to listen to e-mails and such.

I also didn't think he ever got small ones. We'll see :)

Thanks so much~

Do you just want to raise them up yourself? Or do you hope they'll stay smaller?

(sorry if this is a personal question.)

In the US you would want to contact Gary Hater, Gary knows loads about goldfish, thrust me!

Do you just want to raise them up yourself? Or do you hope they'll stay smaller?

(sorry if this is a personal question.)

I would like to watch them grow, yes :) I want them to be whatever size they should be for a healthy goldie though.

In the US you would want to contact Gary Hater, Gary knows loads about goldfish, thrust me!

As in he should know what breeders or he'll have information on care? I mean both are good just curious. Thanks :)

You wanna see a pic of my Waddles? :ehh

:rofl3

Is that one of your ranchu? If so, yes. :P

You wanna see a pic of my Waddles? :ehh

Yes but i have allready reached my like quaotah!!!! :rockon

:rofl. Sorry. I forget that not everyone knows who Waddles is. :teehee

Well, here he is. :heart

e4yga4ed.jpg

mudysymu.jpg

Mmmmmhm. Your Chicago baby. Stunning every time. *fangirl* So cute even with such little wen.

Yep...typo.

Or, if you're like me, so cute BECAUSE it's such a small wen. :o

Or, if you're like me, so cute BECAUSE it's such a small wen. :o

I was instructed "no big wens" :rofl

Especially not bumpy or crevicy. :scared I feel only bad things happen in those crevices. :o