Sign in to follow this  
Isa17

Little joys of fishkeeping

One joy of many... Those moments i catch my daughter watching the fish, or proudly showing them off to her friends and trying to tell them what type each goldfish is. :heart

(They even made it into the family drawing of her "all about me" poster at school!)

One joy of many... Those moments i catch my daughter watching the fish, or proudly showing them off to her friends and trying to tell them what type each goldfish is. :heart

(They even made it into the family drawing of her "all about me" poster at school!)

This is PRECIOUS! :wub::heart

My love-hate relationship with water changes. They're super satisfying and a great interaction with my fish, but I'm sooo sore afterwards!

Are you also stuck with buckets? :thumbdown

Yeah :( . I use two buckets so I can keep the suction going and it empties faster. And I use a hose attached to my kitchen sink to fill, so I have mitigated things a bit. But I do all three tanks (85 gallons total) one after the other and do about a 90% WC on each. It's a lot.

My love-hate relationship with water changes. They're super satisfying and a great interaction with my fish, but I'm sooo sore afterwards!

Are you also stuck with buckets? :thumbdown

Yeah :( . I use two buckets so I can keep the suction going and it empties faster. And I use a hose attached to my kitchen sink to fill, so I have mitigated things a bit. But I do all three tanks (85 gallons total) one after the other and do about a 90% WC on each. It's a lot.

:thumb: nice work

Watching my tiny goldfish quickly grow into GIANTS!!

They are so relaxing.

Watching my tiny goldfish quickly grow into GIANTS!!

:thumbup2:

They are so relaxing.

Better than any movie or TV show :teehee

One of my favorite thing also is when the kids watch the fish or talk about them. The neighborhood kids are interested in them too, and it's fun when they excited about them. :)

My fish just brighten my day for I really do enjoy them a lot. They bring a smile on my face every time I go watch them, feed them, clean their tank, do a w/c, etc. I can't imagine not having goldfish in my life now. I actually enjoy doing huge water changes every 5 days for it makes me feel good knowing that they are in really clean water. (for at least that day.hahaha) :)

It's almost like a therapy :teehee

Definitely!

Watching little fry grow up is pretty fulfilling :) (I helped that get fat! :thumbs: )

This is so true, I'm enjoying watching how quickly they change - it's so fun, and another dose of therapy. I really have trouble pulling myself away some nights. :)

I think one of my biggest joys is all the fabulous people I've met (both in person and on-line) on Koko's! :lisa:

I mean, yeah, my fish are great :heart but you guys rock! :rockon

:teehee

Hey dont get all Gushy on me now Woman :wa

Watch out. KoKo has her "Fish Stick" out again to bop you on the head! :yikes ........... :rofl ............Uh oh :donthit:

Hee Hee :teehee You know we all love ya anyway :grouphug:wub:

I really like the interactions between each other. And I like it that my coworkers that have seen my fish tell other "dude her goldfish are like as big as her hand! Not even kidding!" Makes me happy that I raised such chunkers!

When I would wake up and my goldie would come closer when he saw my feet on the stairs (my bed is hanging of the ceiling). It just made my day!!!

I love it when visitors come in and admire my fish!

We are having some home improvements done, yesterday one of the guys could barely speak English but he would stop for a minute, look at the goldies & smile real big & tell me something that I knew meant he really liked them. One of the other guys interperted what he said & I was exactly right. On one of his breaks he just stood there watching them swim! It made me smile!!!

When his wife came she told me that he REALLY loved my fish!!! I was quite proud!

One of my favorite thing also is when the kids watch the fish or talk about them. The neighborhood kids are interested in them too, and it's fun when they excited about them. :)

:teehee

I really like the interactions between each other. And I like it that my coworkers that have seen my fish tell other "dude her goldfish are like as big as her hand! Not even kidding!" Makes me happy that I raised such chunkers!

That's funny !! :teehee

I love it when visitors come in and admire my fish!

We are having some home improvements done, yesterday one of the guys could barely speak English but he would stop for a minute, look at the goldies & smile real big & tell me something that I knew meant he really liked them. One of the other guys interperted what he said & I was exactly right. On one of his breaks he just stood there watching them swim! It made me smile!!!

When his wife came she told me that he REALLY loved my fish!!! I was quite proud!

WOAH !! :thumbup2:

When I would wake up and my goldie would come closer when he saw my feet on the stairs (my bed is hanging of the ceiling). It just made my day!!!

Sweet !! :teehee

I think one of my favorite things is taking pictures of my fish so I can see how much they have grown. When you see them everyday its hard to see all the differences.

here is on of my favorites for example, the top picture is one month ago and the bottom a few days ago. The marks on the tank are lined up so the difference you see in the fish is the actual difference. Its so fun and rewarding =)

photo IMG_2098.jpg

I think one of my favorite things is taking pictures of my fish so I can see how much they have grown. When you see them everyday its hard to see all the differences. here is on of my favorites for example, the top picture is one month ago and the bottom a few days ago. The marks on the tank are lined up so the difference you see in the fish is the actual difference. Its so fun and rewarding =) IMG_2098.jpg

Aww!! I wish I can see my fish grow big and strong (wishing that to everyone, actually) :happydance

This is a weird one but I love it when my fish nibble my fingers. Usually it's to try and eat the freckle on my arm but it is impossible to deter Candy Corn from my hands. It's nice to know they trust me not to hurt them or something. :heart

This is a weird one but I love it when my fish nibble my fingers. Usually it's to try and eat the freckle on my arm but it is impossible to deter Candy Corn from my hands. It's nice to know they trust me not to hurt them or something. :heart

:teehee:wub:

I love relaxing and watching my tank. My life is non stop go go and it's definitely a zen moment for me.

Also a huge fan of the reactions of newcomers and friends. A few have started fishkeeping after being involved with my tank/fish. I get a grin whenever someone who giggled at me keeping goldfish meets the chus for the first time...they're almost always speechless.

Let's not forget that my 3 year old can say "bristlenose pleco". That's fun :P

Edited by ActiasAmy

Let's not forget that my 3 year old can say "bristlenose pleco". That's fun :P

:rofl omgee video please! :heart

My best moments are probably feeding time and watching them get all excited and wriggly. I handfeed mine and I love being able to interact with them so closely :wub: . Aside from that just watching them go about their daily shenanigans. I have the tank in my bedroom and I often watch them while I'm tucked up in bed. My husband will sometimes come into the bedroom and ask me who I'm talking to :blush: . I've been home sick for the past few weeks (I have surgery on Monday :yikes - nothing life threatening just unpleasant). My brats have been great company while I've been stuck home alone during the day and they give me something to focus on.

My best moments are probably feeding time and watching them get all excited and wriggly. I handfeed mine and I love being able to interact with them so closely :wub: . Aside from that just watching them go about their daily shenanigans. I have the tank in my bedroom and I often watch them while I'm tucked up in bed. My husband will sometimes come into the bedroom and ask me who I'm talking to :blush: . I've been home sick for the past few weeks (I have surgery on Monday :yikes - nothing life threatening just unpleasant). My brats have been great company while I've been stuck home alone during the day and they give me something to focus on.

Aww this is so great :clapping: Good luck on your surgery !!

I love it when people see my tank for the first time (though I think my mum loves it even more, as soon as people come through the door she seems to take them straight over to the tank :rofl). The number of people that ask "what are they?" always amazes me. They're always shocked when they discover they're goldfish :teehee

I always feel so proud when someone sees my tank for the first time and says how much they love it, or comments on the size of my fish, or seems surprised that they are 'just goldfish'