Sign in to follow this  
Helen

An interesting read - article involving Dr Helen Roberts and more

i came across this article online, whilst searching for some goldfish information to help me on a personal learning project. i have often referenced Dr Helen Robert's information when i have needed clarification for my own experiences in the goldfish hobby. she's a favourite of mine. i read this with pleasure and felt like sharing :)

http://cosmosmagazine.com/features/surgery-scale/

Thanks for sharing.

Yes very great article, I enjoyed reading this. Thanks! :)

Awesome read! Thanks for sharing :)

I'm curious to know how they close...like glue or disintegrating sutures? It seems more simple to anesthesize a fish than humans or other air breathing creatures. The reversal of the anesthetic seemed very quick and easy...

Thanks for the read!

I'm curious to know how they close...like glue or disintegrating sutures? It seems more simple to anesthesize a fish than humans or other air breathing creatures. The reversal of the anesthetic seemed very quick and easy...

Thanks for the read!

Usually they use sutures to which they remove after. The only times they occasionally use glue is for fins or to cauterize :)

Wow!! You have some awesome skills there :)

Thanks for the links

i was intrigued by this article as it brought back memories for the experience of my skype tutoring Cheryl.. re the anaesthetic and it's dose... force waking up for fear of the fish not being strong enough to get through the sedation period... then re-sedation to finish the procedure... and generally how they managed through it :)