Please help! I put in too much salt! What have I done?!

andry6

His/her behavior doesn't worry me too much. A little bit of clamping (remember--when looking at clamping, look at the pelvic fins, not the dorsal) but really rather active. Just watch his behavior over the next couple days. Putting the prazi off a day or so isn't going to be a huge deal. :D

BTW--did the wine help? :rofl3

Why pelvic and not dorsal?

How are your fish doing today, Andry? I hope they've recuperated. [emoji4]

They seem to be back to normal as far as their behavior goes. :clapping:

The white spots on their fins/tails have really mulitiplied, and the white oranda still has a lot of streaking in his tail. :( Lots of yawning too.

I did not put any salt back in the tank, but I did put prazipro in last night.

Now I have one of the little ones nipping at both fancies' tails. Like I need this right now... :doh11:

His/her behavior doesn't worry me too much. A little bit of clamping (remember--when looking at clamping, look at the pelvic fins, not the dorsal) but really rather active. Just watch his behavior over the next couple days. Putting the prazi off a day or so isn't going to be a huge deal. :D

Because the dorsal fin isn't always down due to illness (i.e. fish could be swimming or just resting, or even have a weak/heavy dorsal), whereas the pelvic fins should always be fanned out unless the fish is either protecting them from injury when swimming near the bottom or clamped because it is sick.

I'm glad to see they did so well, Andry. :heart I hope the Prazi nips the rest of the ailments in the bud for you!

I'm thinking maybe because it's too weak of an indicator, since goldfish move their dorsal fin up and down regularly, but clamped pelvic fins are not normal and you don't see healthy goldfish with clamped pelvic fins. :idont

I'm sure Lisa could explain better than me - that was just a guess based on what I've seen healthy vs. unhealthy goldfish do.

Edit: Sniped by Chelsea! Apparently my guess was right. :D

Edited by *Amanda*