What the...? Is this flukes?

andry6

Thanks for the videos. :D

How does her poo look? Have you seen it? I know it's tricky when they are all in the tank together . . .

I don't see anything that I'm overly concerned about. My fantail yawns more than all of my other fish also. And my ryukinish fantail gulps at the surface after eating . . . Is she the female for sure? :idont

Let me report the videos to the mod team and see what the others think.

Your lil guys look great and YAY for the new tank!! :D

Thanks for the videos. :D

How does her poo look? Have you seen it? I know it's tricky when they are all in the tank together . . .

I don't see anything that I'm overly concerned about. My fantail yawns more than all of my other fish also. And my ryukinish fantail gulps at the surface after eating . . . Is she the female for sure? :idont

Let me report the videos to the mod team and see what the others think.

Your lil guys look great and YAY for the new tank!! :D

I haven't seen her poo. I didn't feed for two days and just fed the repashy soilent green today. I will watch. Someone's poo is floating at the surface though :idont

She just seems so floaty to me, even after fasting. And the reason that I believe she's a female is that her vent appears to be an outie and the oranda always has his nose up her tail chasing her.

And those little guys have really grown quite a bit already! I'm so glad we were able to save them. Thanks to you and all of your help :wub:

They all seem to be getting along nicely in their new home too!

Give it a try and be prepared for a mess on the tank bottom. :thud

A couple other mod team members have chimed in on the report. They feel that there is nothing to be concerned about in the videos. :D

Sit back and enjoy that tank! :nana

Have you ever fed red leaf lettuce? That really gets my fish "moving". :o Just rinse it and stick it on a veggie clip . . .

I'm glad the 75 is working out nicely for your gang. :nana

I used to do this and it really helped. Now I have a newly adopted "floater" :doh11: So, I will be re-introducing the red leaf lettuce :)

• 5 weeks later...

Have you ever fed red leaf lettuce? That really gets my fish "moving". :o Just rinse it and stick it on a veggie clip . . .

I'm glad the 75 is working out nicely for your gang. :nana

I just wanted to update:

I tried the red leaf lettuce and you were 100% right...it really got things moving for her (and everyone else!) and took care of the floating! :clapping: Whenever I see her getting floaty, I feed her the lettuce and it works wonders. This will be a staple in our house from now on.

I was so surprised to see how much they all love it too! :feedme

I don't have a veggie clip, so I use one of those magnetic glass cleaners to hold the lettuce in place! Works like a charm! :teehee

I bought it way back when, and I never liked it...glad I found a use for it! :)