What is the minimum size tank I can get away with for 4 fish?

andry6

well sometimes i might be a bit of a potato head....

but seriously, if you are ever near kalamazoo, MI and find a way to stuff a 75 gallon into your house, i have a tank, stand, and light i can sell you for much less than they are asking for the 65 gallon set up.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but seriously, if you are ever near kalamazoo, MI and find a way to stuff a 75 gallon into your house, i have a tank, stand, and light i can sell you for much less than they are asking for the 65 gallon set up.

To bad I don't live near you. Sounds like you'd sell if for an awesome deal. :) Have you tried selling it yet in your area? If so, I'm surprised nobody has jumped on it yet, Jason.

Well, unfortunately, I won't be traveling your way any time soon. But that sure would be nice! :)

Now we need pics!

Those will come soon!

I ordered filters as soon as I got home with the tank, (much cheaper online) so as soon as those arrive I will be sure to show this baby off! I can't believe how big it is. :yikes It really dwarfs the 29 gallon. My fish will feel like they're in the ocean! :teehee

And I still can't believe I was able to 1.) talk my husband into it ...and 2.) fit it in my house! :happydance

Now we need pics!

Those will come soon!

I ordered filters as soon as I got home with the tank, (much cheaper online) so as soon as those arrive I will be sure to show this baby off! I can't believe how big it is. :yikes It really dwarfs the 29 gallon. My fish will feel like they're in the ocean! :teehee

And I still can't believe I was able to 1.) talk my husband into it ...and 2.) fit it in my house! :happydance

Did you try the mac and cheese? Or did you find other ways to talk him into it? :ehh:o:rofl2

Edited by ShawneeRiver

Now we need pics!

Those will come soon!

Did you try the mac and cheese? Or did you find other ways to talk him into it? :ehh:o:rofl2

I did not try the mac and cheese...and I will not disclose my secret way of getting him to cooperate :yeah: but now that I have the tank, I should probably make the mac and cheese! :rofl

:rofl OMG Shawn. :rofl

I am now the proud owner of a Marineland 75 gallon tank! :clapping::nana:I-Thank-You::nana:clapping:

:hi5 You will love this size, as will your fish. Who needs a couch, right? :rofl3

Can't wait to see it set up! :nana

We had to do some major rearranging in the living room! :P

Now I have to get some ideas on how to decorate it. :hummm Who knows, maybe some day I'll be brave enough to try my hand at live plants. Maybe...

We had to do some major rearranging in the living room! :P

Now I have to get some ideas on how to decorate it. :hummm Who knows, maybe some day I'll be brave enough to try my hand at live plants. Maybe...

Do it! I'm starting a project to do a large piece of driftwood covered in lots of anubias and java fern! They are very simple plants that usually goldfish leave alone (although my fatties tend to rip them in anger if I skip meals or I'm away)

I can't wait to see what you do with your tank! :D

well...after a complete reconfiguration of our living room, we have decided to put our new 75 gallon tank here:

210_zpsea0ac95a.jpg?t=1410922675

I don't think it looks too bad there either, do you? :idont

As soon as it is filled and ready to go (I'm waiting on the new filters to arrive) I will post some pictures in a new thread! I am beyond excited about this!!

(and the 29 gallon is temporarily in our dining room until we can get it drained and outta there!!) Stay tuned!

edited to say: I told you our house was small! But we managed to cram that sucker in here!

Edited by andry6

well...after a complete reconfiguration of our living room, we have decided to put our new 75 gallon tank here:

As soon as it is filled and ready to go (I'm waiting on the new filters to arrive) I will post some pictures in a new thread! I am beyond excited about this!!

(and the 29 gallon is temporarily in our dining room until we can get it drained and outta there!!) Stay tuned!

edited to say: I told you our house was small! But we managed to cram that sucker in here!

That corner is the perfect spot for a corner tank! :teehee

Was hat the same spot the 29G was in?

That corner is the perfect spot for a corner tank! :teehee

Was hat the same spot the 29G was in?

No, the 29 gallon used to be on the opposite side of the room, near the front door. We had to completely flip the room, move the piano, table & lamp, love seat and tv to make this work!

Isn't it funny how it couldn't possibly fit in there just recently? :teehee The same thing has happened to me with tanks -- space was made. ;)

Now where will I put the Christmas tree...? :hummm

Isn't it funny how it couldn't possibly fit in there just recently? :teehee The same thing has happened to me with tanks -- space was made. ;)

Now where will I put the Christmas tree...? :hummm

You'll find space when the time comes. ;)