Help/Advice for 2 poorly goldfish

DawnyBee

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

, got my dates wrong, ideally I need it on Tuesday 30th. Really hope it arrives in time!

Any advice on what to do if it doesnt arrive in time? Start the treatment again from scratch? I have 15 grams ordered.

I tested the water this morning and the Nitrite was 0.

It was 6:15am so still a bit dark and harder to tell the Ammonia colour but it was either 0 or 0.25 - it was a light colour.

Ill test it again when I get home tonight and post on here what it is then you can let me know if you think I need to do 100% or 50% water change. Really hope its 50% as my fiancé wont be there to help! haha!

I should be able to post the results about 18:30 GMT so if there is any chance you could check back then and let me know your thoughts that would be great as I dont want to go ahead and do anything before consulting you first.

Should I be seeing any improvement in the fish yet? Because Im not :(

They are both bottom sitting, Norman upside down alot and Squeesh's eye looks like it might burst again, its getting a pale mark on it like the skin is stretched and last time that happened it popped.

Would love to see them getting a bit better. Time will tell I guess!

, got my dates wrong, ideally I need it on Tuesday 30th. Really hope it arrives in time!

Any advice on what to do if it doesnt arrive in time? Start the treatment again from scratch? I have 15 grams ordered.

I tested the water this morning and the Nitrite was 0.

It was 6:15am so still a bit dark and harder to tell the Ammonia colour but it was either 0 or 0.25 - it was a light colour.

Ill test it again when I get home tonight and post on here what it is then you can let me know if you think I need to do 100% or 50% water change. Really hope its 50% as my fiancé wont be there to help! haha!

I should be able to post the results about 18:30 GMT so if there is any chance you could check back then and let me know your thoughts that would be great as I dont want to go ahead and do anything before consulting you first.

Should I be seeing any improvement in the fish yet? Because Im not :(

They are both bottom sitting, Norman upside down alot and Squeesh's eye looks like it might burst again, its getting a pale mark on it like the skin is stretched and last time that happened it popped.

Would love to see them getting a bit better. Time will tell I guess!

I think a 50% wc should be okay as long as you add a full dose (for the entire tank volume) of Prime.

Be patient with the Kanaplex. It may take a while to see improvement. Sometimes things look worse before they get better.

If you are able to get some Metronidazole powder, then you can add that to the Kanaplex.

6 days of Kanaplex "may" be enough to knock these infections out. That is the recommended period on the package. We just like to take it to 10 days to be sure :)

Dawn, I am expecting 2 x Kanaplex, and 2 x Metronidazole this weekend or Monday the latest. If you happen not to get your order in time, I will be more than happy to "swap" just as LisaCG suggested :)

Thanks for the encouragement Jared :) Trying to stay positive :)

Ok so tonight I will do 50% water change with a 100% dose of Prime.

0.1% salt

Kanaplex

Prazi

And keep my fingers and toes crossed! :)

I will say that 100% water changes are better because they remove more of the pathogens and create a cleaner tank. But, you can only do what you can do :)

Dawn, I am expecting 2 x Kanaplex, and 2 x Metronidazole this weekend or Monday the latest. If you happen not to get your order in time, I will be more than happy to "swap" just as LisaCG suggested :)

Dawn, I would take the Metro from Kat if you can. You don't have that on order do you?

Oh my goodness Kat you are so kind! :)

You're right Jared I dont have that on order. Would I need to borrow that even if my kanamycin shows up in time?

I would like to combine the Metro with the Kana if possible. This would be a water borne version of Metro Meds. I think Norman in particular may benefit from this.

Thank you Kate! Ive just replied to your message in the other thread. You are so kind, thank you so much!

Kat, would I be able to come and get some Metro from you on Monday after work? Would that suit you? I must stop stealing your meds!! Im going to put a big order in and reimburse you :)

How much would I need Jared? 160litre tank.

You guys are all so awesome, I really really appreciate all this help, cant believe how kind everyone is being. Ill be sure to pass the good Karma on once everything is settled :)

Oh - another question Jared - when I dose the Kanaplex tonight - am I just dosing what I take out (50%) or the whole tank?

I will try to take out more water if my back allows :)

THANK YOU!

I used my judgement and put the full dose of Prazi in as there wasn't any in there after a 50% change and then a 100% water change (and then 50% again tonight) I hope that was right.

I went and twisted my ankle today, can hardly walk let alone lug 80 litres of water to and from the bathroom - so my wonderful other half did the whole thing for me as I gave instruction from the sofa with a strapped and iced ankle!

50% water change

Dosed the whole tank with Prime

Kanaplex

Prazi

0.1% salt

Will check water tomorrow and Prime if necessary. Will be picking up Metro powder and Kanaplex on Monday in time for re-dosing on Tuesday. I'm keeping a note of what I've borrowed and from whom and will set everyone right :)

I'm off to bed now with the hope of a fully function ankle tomorrow!! G'night all!

Xx

I used my judgement and put the full dose of Prazi in as there wasn't any in there after a 50% change and then a 100% water change (and then 50% again tonight) I hope that was right.

I went and twisted my ankle today, can hardly walk let alone lug 80 litres of water to and from the bathroom - so my wonderful other half did the whole thing for me as I gave instruction from the sofa with a strapped and iced ankle!

50% water change

Dosed the whole tank with Prime

Kanaplex

Prazi

0.1% salt

Will check water tomorrow and Prime if necessary. Will be picking up Metro powder and Kanaplex on Monday in time for re-dosing on Tuesday. I'm keeping a note of what I've borrowed and from whom and will set everyone right :)

I'm off to bed now with the hope of a fully function ankle tomorrow!! G'night all!

Xx

Sorry about your ankle.

Yes, you were right about the full dose of Prazi. I forgot you had done a 100% wc :)

Dawn, I'm sending healing vibes in the way of your fish. I hope you can nurse them back to health soon.

It's really difficult in the uk to get the meds we need for our fish. But slowly we are building up a network of people here in London. Kat has helped me out a couple of times now. She's been a life saver. I have slowly started building up a pharmacy but there is always smthg I don't have. I have medigold, metromeds, medtronizadole and kusuri wormer plus if anyone needs it.