Google has a Lump/Blister

FishyMandy

• Supporter

I'm not sure where to find the questions so I'll answer what I remember the best that I can

Tap Parameters

PH: 7.6

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 0

Ammonia: 0

Tank Parameters

PH: 7.6

Nitrite: .25

Ammonia: .25

Nitrate: 10

Using API Drops

Tank has been set up for about 5/6 weeks. Using media from my old tank but also added two new filters. This is the first time I've had a nitrite reading since setting it up (though I had nitrate before)

(I've double dosed prime after testing water)

I change 70% of the water each week, and dose prime in between to detoxify ammonia

Last Water change was 4 Days ago and was 70%

Tank size is 600 Litres and there are 7 goldies between about 5-15cm (Without tails)

I've been mixing up the food depending on what I have, Usually NLS Goldfish or Hikari Lionhead. 2-3 times a day

Water additives are Prime, Most recent Prazi treatment was a couple of weeks ago.

I first noticed this pimple looking lump on Google about 7 weeks ago, but it was tiny and I didn't think much of it, I've noticed it getting slightly bigger and now it has a white blistery looking part. This is the only symptom, otherwise Google is active and eating well.

googlelump_zpsc68831f3.jpg

googlelump3_zps0cccda61.jpg

googlelump2_zps5a67358e.jpg

googlelump1_zps170d1c7f.jpg

:hi

You did a great job answering all the questions so I just have a few more.

- how big was the previous tank they moved from?

- how old is this fish and any previous problems?

- do you have a qt available if treatment is needed?

It seems like you are getting a little bump in your tank. If you are still getting a nitrite reading I'd qt the sick fish so that it doesn't get affected by the cycling. As for the treatment of the fish I will leave that to the mods,. Good luck :)

I'm not exactly sure what it is. Like you said, it looks like a fluid filled blister. Is the white spot behind it? Separate from the blister or are they connected?

For now I would just keep my eye on it and the fish's behavior. If anything changes, let us know. :D

• Supporter

Thanks everyone :)

The old tank was 275 Litres, so less than half the size of the new one.

The blistery part seems to be right next to the pimply part but doesn't appear attached.

I've had Google for about 6 and a half years, only previous issue was when he lost his eye about 3 or 4 years ago, and he recovered from that without any dramas, I don't know how he lost it though.