Eggs for the fist time!

Aneta

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great! Have you decided if you are going to prazi them? :)

Well, I don't think that Prazi is available in Ireland. I could probably get it online but it would take long. I would have to look for some other, similar product available here. They look healthy and happy so far. I have a few really big ones and a few died recently but other than that they look good.

Well, I don't think that Prazi is available in Ireland. I could probably get it online but it would take long. I would have to look for some other, similar product available here. They look healthy and happy so far. I have a few really big ones and a few died recently but other than that they look good.

It would be best to treat them against flukes at this point, but it can be hard to get prazi. In the fry you will typically look for gillplates not closing, redness around mouth or chin and locked or open mouths. All are signs of gill fluke infection. Most breeders i know treat against flukes during their first weeks, praziquantel is also used by vets to deworm all kinds of animals.

It would be best to treat them against flukes at this point, but it can be hard to get prazi. In the fry you will typically look for gillplates not closing, redness around mouth or chin and locked or open mouths. All are signs of gill fluke infection. Most breeders i know treat against flukes during their first weeks, praziquantel is also used by vets to deworm all kinds of animals.

Will do! Thanks!