So last Saturday I got 2 new goldfish from Pets@Home and they have been in a small 15 or so litre quarantine tank ever since and I can't let you guys not have pics so here they are (I wasn't gonna get them but those 2 picked me :) )

Red and white oranda:

DSCN0299_zpsb08a0165.jpg

DSCN0294_zps44a2d5b9.jpg

DSCN0290_zps49b0476b.jpg

My favourite pic:

DSCN0298_zps7208db31.jpg

Edited by goldfishfanforever

Congratulations on your new fish. They're beautiful!

One warning though, I don't know if they source fish from the same place in every store but the one I went to down South had a case of ich.

Edited by JustRachel

Thanks I was initially only gonna get the oranda but the fantail wouldn't stop following me around when I was looking in their tank so I got that darn cutie to :) there are some real beauties in big pet shops sometimes :)

They are very sweet, GFF. I agree with Rachel; begin the salting and massive water changes to start them off right. 15 litres is a tiny QT for two, even though they are small. I would move them to something larger or do 100% water changes every day.

Congratulations on your two cuties. Even though you have an established filter I would still do huge daily water changes. I'd even rinse out that filter at least every other day, if not every day to keep it clean for your fish during this qt time.

Thanks :) I try to clean them out everyday sometimes missing a day and may be able to move them to a tub :) with salting do I start with 0.1% then after 12 hours go to 0.2% and then again to 0.3%??