Possible choking

Our black fish is acting rather strangely. He is usually very energetic and always chases people near the tank. He ate a pea about 2hours ago which seemed too big for him. He has since been floating around, ignoring everything unless almost touched doing a chewing motion. Is he choking and trying to clear out his throat? I have checked inside his mouth and it seems to be clear so that's what has me wondering.

It was right after a water change but the water temperature was 28degress so I had to quickly bring it back down to 22. Don't know if that could be contributing to it.

The water temp might be the problem. If you saw that inside the mouth is clear, it's safe to say he's not choking.

I've accidentally dropped the water temp and experienced the same thing you're describing.

the water I put in was 28 so I removed it and put in colder water to bring it down to 22. he now has a large amount of green poo hanging from him and still more coming. could it be hes constipated and is trying to use his energy to do the toilet?

Hi guys. That was my boyfriend. after my little darling died I asked him to change the water in the tank. He just told me that blacky still hasn't snapped out of it. This is very unusual for him. I'm seriously worried. I can't stand the thought of losing another one