Sign in to follow this  
shekhina

Phoebe's problems continue! :(

Sigh. I just don't know what to do anymore, it feels like she's never going to completely get better and stay well. This is something like 6 weeks now and I'm pretty over the stress of it all.

Phoebe was moved back into the main tank a few days ago, initially all was fine. Then the guppies started picking on her... I guess because she'd been gone so long they'd decided they were boss. Things didn't settle and she became more and more stressed and listless so last night I moved two of the worst guppies out. This morning she's even worse. I can either move the third guppy out, or put Phoebe back into the hospital tank on her own... which should I do?

I have a video uploading of her behaviour at the moment... but basically she's bottom sitting and gasping. She's gotten very thin over the last few days and was refusing to eat... she'd sort of try, but then spit it all back out again. I syringe fed her twice yesterday which she took.

Is this likely to be yet more illness, or a result of the stress? I have another tank I can put the guppies in to which I will do... but for now should I leave her in the big tank on her own, or put her in the hospital tank on her own? After all she's been through and now this. I'm so incredibly frustrated and upset :(

We decided to move her to the hospital tank and when we could get a closer look at her noticed a sore on her side (which I think the guppies have mostly created) and a better picture of what's happening with her gill plate. You can't see it too clearly in the first photo, but the sore looks to have raggedy skin around the outside of it and it's red in the centre.

Phoebe is now back in the hospital tank with Prime and I've added some Melafix as well as she seems very stressed... bottom sitting, breathing fast, refusing to eat etc.

IMG_4292_zpsa24e77eb.jpg

IMG_4293_zps22cef98f.jpg

Edited by shekhina

Phoebe has died.

Thank you to all who offered advice in her previous thread, especially to Helen who helped us both so very much. It seems so incredibly unfair that she was doing so well to only have this happen. I'm so upset :(

This thread breaks my heart! It's obvious you cared a lot for her and did your very best for her, so I hope you find some comfort in that. She seems to have been in wonderful hands with you. -hugs- RIP Phoebe!

Oh man, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I was following your other thread and was so hoping that she'd pull though. You did the very best you could.

I'm very sorry for your loss. :(

Rest in peace, Phoebe. :heart

I'm so sorry! :hugs

Edited by LisaCGold