Ulcers, now bottom sitting. It's not looking good

I have recently moved flat and since the move everything seems to have gone wrong.

One of my goldfish has started be coming highly aggressive and the other one keeps getting sick.

She has had a bout of ulcers appearing constantly. As soon as one dussapeared another one would appear. I ended up giving her metromeds and finally got her cured. So I thought.

This morning just as I was leaving to catch my train for a trip, my boyfriend noticed her bottomsitting. I panicked. She hadn't been eating much either recently. She seems to have a slightly distended stomsch. But only one side. Her scales are not standing up though.

I have put her in a quarantine tank. I tried to feed her metromeds but she wasn't interested. so after reading on the forum I syringe fed her a tiny bit of repashy soilent green with garlic. I also added prazipro.

She swam about when I put her into the quarantine tank but then went back to bottom sitting. She only moves when I approach her side of the tank.

I haven't had much time to do things, since I had to leave. My boyfriend is still down there and he will test the water and send me a film and photos. I asked him to change the water daily and syri he feed her if she won't eat. sent him to the fish store to get Epsom salt and a antibacterial to put in the water. He got the salt but since it's the UK didn't have antibacterial water treatment. They told him they tgin k it's swimbladder disease and gave him interpret n13 which contains bronopol, formaldehyde and benzalknium chloride.

I dobt know what to do now. I'm so deri g whether they are right. I have been feeding them flakes since I moved since everything is chaotic. Also maybe one of my snails died and caused an ammonia spike or the filter was shocked somehow. Also bkacky rammed her the other day.

I could really use some help. I'm going to get my bf to send me through all the other information.

Please copy & paste fill the following form and fill it out to the best of your ability when requesting help for Goldfish Problems: Test Results for the Following:* Ammonia Level(Tank)* Nitrite Level(Tank)* Nitrate level(Tank)* Ammonia Level(Tap)* Nitrite Level(Tap)* Nitrate level(Tap)* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)

Will get boyfriend to test as soon as he is back from the fishstore

Other Required Info:* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?* Api liquid test

Water temperature?* 22C

Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?* 30gal. Nearly a year, although I recently moved

What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?* pond solutions 3000 I think

How often do you change the water and how much? Once a week at least if not twice. 80%

* * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?

2 days ago. 80%

* * How many fish in the tank and their size? 3 small fish. Blacky is getting bigger though. I need a new tank.

* * What kind of water additives or conditioners?

Normally prime. At the moment Api stress coat

* * What do you feed your fish and how often?

Normally a mixture of flakes, pellets, repashy soilent green, peas, bloodworms.

Recently flakes :(

* * Any new fish added to the tank?

One. A couple of months ago. My boyfriend bought him as a gift.

* * Any medications added to the tank?

Prazipro.

* * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.

She was on a prazi and salt treatment for flukes for two rounds.

Since then she has had some issues with ulcers. I recently gave her metromeds because the ulcers were getting out of hand.

* * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

Lethargic. Bottom sitting. Ulcers. Bump on one side of the stomach.

* * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

Bottom sitting. Not eating.

What was the duration of the MM treatment?

How long have you been using the Stress Coat as a water conditioner?

How's her poop? (Color, length, amount)

Are the other fish behaving well?

I doubt that this is a swimbladder-related disease, but am leaning more toward thinking it is an infection. As soon as your BF can get the parameters and video, the Mod team will be able to give more of a definitive diagnosis. :hug Hang in there, okay?

I gave her a week long treatment of mm.

I used the stress coat for a month. Was moving so couldn't order and they don't sell prime in UK shops.

No prime. No antibiotics. The UK sucks for goldfish.

Her poop hasn't been great. Very skinny little amounts. Not frequent. White sometimes. Even when I gave them all peas.

It's been very hot in the aquarium recently but now it's cooled down. The youngest of the fish ( I suspect he is male while the other two are girls) has had a sudden growth spurt and has started bullying everyone in the aquarium. I first thought it was maybe mating behaviour because of the temperatures but I thino it's about food now. Big red has started hiding in the plants and isn't the most active. She never was but I'm now so seeing. She also sometimes swims slightly squint. But that tends to 've on the side of the aquarium where I have a water pump.

My gut is telling me it's not swimmbladder. But I know that it's very bad when they bottomsit. And I have no clue what it is. I also have a hunch it's bacterial. But she won't eat. So I can't give her mm. I have soaked some in water and have asked my bf to add them to the repashy and garlic mix when he

syringe feeds her today.

I'm doo scared

Thank you Shawnee river.

Lisa: they are all healed up now although one has left a hole and they've ruffled up her scales but I posted a thread the first time it happened. I'm on my phone. Not sure how to send a link. It was one of my last ones. My bf will send me pictures spp. Of her current state

Oh jeeze. :( I definitely see the raised scales from both above and from the side..

I'd go ahead and add 1/4 tsp of Epsom per 10 gallons for the time being. I don't know much about that medication they sold to you in relation with the current symptoms. It seems like an odd mix of compounds.

Edited by Chai

Guys I really need some help

If you need very urgent help, you can always report your own post and explain. It'll send a message out to the staff. :hug

Is she still in salt and prazi? If so can you bf do a 100% WC to take both of those out?

Kanaplex is rough on the kidneys which is something we would rather avoid when a fish has dropsy. But if that is our only option for a broad spectrum antibiotic I think we should use it along with the metro. Once she will eat again we can switch her to MMs if we need to. :)