Sign in to follow this  
Lis.

Lis's 180g dirted goldfish tank!

Borrowed my sisters phone, it has a better camera. I added koi clay after last nights water change, and the tank is crystal clear

imagejpg1_zpsf985962a.jpg

The light is too far from the tank i guess. such a great tank really want to see every part of this live monster..

Borrowed my sisters phone, it has a better camera. I added koi clay after last nights water change, and the tank is crystal clear

imagejpg1_zpsf985962a.jpg

The light is too far from the tank i guess. such a great tank really want to see every part of this live monster..
Yeah the lighting had to be raised to help control algae issues :) I'd like them lower really, but since raising them I've had much better control of any algae that had been growing :)

Still very impressive.

I don't think i could ever tire of these pictures. :heart

I especially love your black chu? peeking out from the leaves. :teehee

Still very impressive.

Thanks Angie :D

I don't think i could ever tire of these pictures. :heart

I especially love your black chu? peeking out from the leaves. :teehee

Thanks Jenna :) haha, black chu is my mums favourite, I often find her baby talking to her ;):rofl

What a gorgeous tank :)

Thanks Jim :)

Your fish are just :thumb:

I was perusing the planted tank photos section looking for inspiration for my new 60 gallon...and I think I have found it!  Great thread and awesome tank :)

Last night I decided to pull everything (other than the substrate) out of the 180. I wanted to do a deep clean, and maybe move a few things around

image.jpg1_zpshpdlrp1i.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsqqsex3vn.jpg

After pulling everything out, doing a 150% water change, vacuuming all of the sand, and cleaning out the filters and strainers, this was the end result

image.jpg1_zpsjaqb83ug.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsnfbhzxf2.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsyqzfjhut.jpg

image.jpg1_zps9nqfpdnv.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsqw97feot.jpg

image.jpg1_zpstaacnldt.jpg

Edited by Lis.

Last night I decided to pull everything (other than the substrate) out of the 180. I wanted to do a deep clean, and maybe move a few things around

image.jpg1_zpshpdlrp1i.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsqqsex3vn.jpg

After pulling everything out, doing a 150% water change, vacuuming all of the sand, and cleaning out the filters and strainers, this was the end result

image.jpg1_zpsjaqb83ug.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsnfbhzxf2.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsyqzfjhut.jpg

image.jpg1_zps9nqfpdnv.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsqw97feot.jpg

image.jpg1_zpstaacnldt.jpg

I love it! ;) and I see that albino bn pleco in the second pic photobombing the picture :)

Thanks! :) haha, he's such a character, he's actually not an albino, he's an L144, like an albino but with 'blue' eyes :)

Thanks! :) haha, he's such a character, he's actually not an albino, he's an L144, like an albino but with 'blue' eyes :)

I have an excuse I couldn't see his eyes :lol: my favourite pet store sometimes has them and super reds you jealous now?? Well I wouldn't be the tiny babies can run over the price of £10 for one and I believe the adults can cost £60 each :(

Hi Alicia, :)  That must have been one long job to do all that.  I can spend 3 hours easily on my 34g tank just messing around with it.hehe

Your tank always looks spectacular.   Did you place all, or most, of your plants back in the same spot?  It kind of looks like it to me, maybe! :)

Quite a job, Alicia, but the results are wonderful.  I love your purple snail.  I always have a few of them around.  Great fun to watch.

Everything looks great!  When I read that you pulled everything, I initially went :yikes and :scared , but then I saw that you just rearranged! :rofl3

I have an excuse I couldn't see his eyes :lol: my favourite pet store sometimes has them and super reds you jealous now?? Well I wouldn't be the tiny babies can run over the price of £10 for one and I believe the adults can cost £60 each :(

Haha, yes I am jealous! :rofl I'd love a super red, wouldn't pay £60 for one though :teehee

Hi Alicia, :) That must have been one long job to do all that. I can spend 3 hours easily on my 34g tank just messing around with it.hehe

Your tank always looks spectacular. Did you place all, or most, of your plants back in the same spot? It kind of looks like it to me, maybe! :)

It did take a while, I'm guessing around 5 hours, but at least I got everything done :) haha, yes initially I had planned on completely changing it, but then I decided that I liked where most things were :teehee I moved the Vallisneria, the RTL and the aponogeton, and some of the anubias, but all in all, it doesn't look much different :)

Quite a job, Alicia, but the results are wonderful. I love your purple snail. I always have a few of them around. Great fun to watch.

Thanks Susanne :) I love the snail, I have 2 large adults ('jade' and blue) and a handful of younger ones, all different colours. My sisters claims that they are the most interesting thing in the tank...:glare:

Everything looks great! When I read that you pulled everything, I initially went :yikes and :scared , but then I saw that you just rearranged! :rofl3

Thanks Tammy! Haha, when I took that picture part way through I just thought "what have I done?!" :rofl it needed doing though, there was more debris building up than I'd have liked haha Edited by Lis.

Eeeeeek!  That must have been a LOT of work.  It turned out great though :)

I almost teared up there for a second! :teehee

Lookin' great though! :hi5

What is that big bushy plant on the right side with thinner leaves that is as tall as the water surface?  Haha sorry that is such a wordy description but I wanted to make sure you knew which one I was asking about LOL  :teehee

Looks great!!!!!!

What is that big bushy plant on the right side with thinner leaves that is as tall as the water surface?  Haha sorry that is such a wordy description but I wanted to make sure you knew which one I was asking about LOL  :teehee

Hygrophila :) it's a fast grower, needs cutting back regularly :)

Hygrophila :) it's a fast grower, needs cutting back regularly :)

Oh yay, I just realized I have that plant LOL Mine is just not that big yet :)

Love the new arrangement Lis! The plants look so green and happy, as do the fishies :)