Sign in to follow this  
Lis.

Lis's 180g dirted goldfish tank!

Tank looks beautiful Lis!!!

Tank looks beautiful Lis!!!

Thanks Steve! :D hope you're well!

My aponogeton has finally flowered :clapping: there's another bud on a separate stem now too :D

imagejpg1_zpsc485e850.jpg

Wow that is incredibly cool. I love your aquarium

Thank you Dandy! :D I was so excited to see that it had finally flowered haha, at a guess the stem must be at least 3 feet long, it's curled itself around on the surface of the water :)

Do it! :teehee the only problem with them is that the leaves are very thin, so it only takes a fat fish to swim through them and the leaves can look a bit rough

They're much thinner leaves than any other plants I've kept with my goldfish, but they grow so fast that I don't think it's too much of an issue :) you should give them a go, I bought my aponogeton bulbs from Aqua Essentials, I have 5 :)

I love your video on post #398, Alicia. Your fish look amazing swimming around in your gorgeous planted tank. Remember, I was asking awhile back if any of them swim in the back? You had two of them doing just that while you were filming. :P They were doing their own thing. hehehe Looked so cute.

Congratulations also on your new flower. Exciting and beautiful. :)

Beautiful flower Lis :)

I have 3 flowers on the aponogeton now :) I'm seeing some diatoms, and even dreaded nasty hairy black algae, but after cutting off the affected leaves and raising the lights (suggested by Dan), I haven't seen any of it since :)

imagejpg1_zpscfc05af5.jpg

Edited by Lis.

Wonderful news :clapping:

:D

Wonderful news :clapping:

:D

Thanks Aubrey :D

Wow, Lis. Incredible. :thud You are very talented. :D

What are you dosing in terms of fertilization on this tank? You're not using CO2 injection, right?

Thanks Georgia :) I'm dosing liquid co2 daily, and dosing dry ferts. I have the aim of

Day 1: liquid co2, chelated trace and chelated iron

Day 2: liquid co2, potassium sulphate and potassium phosphate

Day 3: liquid co2

Day 4: liquid co2, chelated trace and chelated iron

Day 5: liquid co2, potassium sulphate and potassium phosphate

This was what I was doing, but since upping the frequency of my water changes, in all honesty my dosing of ferts has gone to pot a little haha. I need to get back into the swing of it, but you'd be amazed at how confused I get myself over it :rofl

I am new to the site and really dig your set up...beautiful. How many watts are hanging over your tank?  By the way, your scaping is awesome. 

The tank is looking as fab as ever Lis!

The goldies colours really pop against all the green, Big Red looks particularly red!

I'm in awe every time I see your tank, Alicia. I'm sorry you were seeing some of nasties :( Hope they don't come back to you. You can tell your lights were raised in the photo above. It looks so nice. Do you have a note pad to keep track of your dosing? It might help with keeping track of stuff. (hard to believe that you get confused though) I absolutely love your tank and seeing your fish in your tank.

The tank is looking as fab as ever Lis!

The goldies colours really pop against all the green, Big Red looks particularly red!

Thanks Kate :)

They definitely pop against the greenery, and big red is a big red tank :rofl he, Oogs and Fathead seem to really glow :)

I'm in awe every time I see your tank, Alicia. I'm sorry you were seeing some of nasties :( Hope they don't come back to you. You can tell your lights were raised in the photo above. It looks so nice. Do you have a note pad to keep track of your dosing? It might help with keeping track of stuff. (hard to believe that you get confused though) I absolutely love your tank and seeing your fish in your tank.

Thank you Cheryl :) I'm battling diatoms, I never seem to be able to escape them :glare:

I don't have a note pad, but that's such a good idea (why didn't I think of that? :doh11: )

I am new to the site and really dig your set up...beautiful. How many watts are hanging over your tank?  By the way, your scaping is awesome.

Welcome to the forum :)

Honestly, I should know the answer to that question, but I don't :teehee I have two 3ft T5 light units :) each holds 4 bulbs.

Thank you very much :)

Thank you Cheryl :) I'm battling diatoms, I never seem to be able to escape them :glare:

I don't have a note pad, but that's such a good idea (why didn't I think of that? :doh11: )

hahaha  Your so funny.  Yes, Get yourself a note pad/binder and mark it "Fish".  It saves me when I have a sick fish or keeping track of "whatever".  :)

And, Your tank doesn't even look like you have diatoms.  It's always so fresh, green, and clean.

Edited by 4prettyfish