It's a Zucchini Brunch!

BronwynH

You have a very nice looking tank :) they all look so cute waddling and munching away! At 1:42... what was that creeping out from the right side of the tank? lol it looks pretty cool!

Everybody looks great and Wow! Look at that green! You must've been so happy when you got home :)

Watching the Ranchu swim still makes me giggle. The bigger they are, the better the wiggle :P

You have a very nice looking tank :) they all look so cute waddling and munching away! At 1:42... what was that creeping out from the right side of the tank? lol it looks pretty cool!

Thanks. That's my dojo loach Fitz. She's pretty small, but isn't very old yet. I've only had her for about a year. If you look closely at the very end you can also see one of my apple snails, Hathor, in the top left corner. The new BN pleco does not make an appearance.

Your tank is gorgeous Bronwyn. I love everything about it. :) What size is your tank again? I forgot.

Your beautiful fish look like they are enjoying eating that. Yummy!

The tank is a 55g, but probably measures slightly smaller (I think 53??). I know it looks overstocked, but fortunately over filtration, lots of plants and the presence of the anaerobic part of the cycle means my nitrates only get to about 10-15ppm between water changes.

Everybody looks great and Wow! Look at that green! You must've been so happy when you got home :)

Watching the Ranchu swim still makes me giggle. The bigger they are, the better the wiggle :P

I was thrilled. I couldn't believe how clean it got!!

Your little guys are doing well and get right in with everyone else for their share of the yummyness. :)

Edited by BronwynH

Oh, I didn't think it looked overstocked. I was wondering the size because it looked deep but I didn't think you had a 40b. I just didn't know and was wondering. It's beautiful, Bronwyn.

Oh, I didn't think it looked overstocked. I was wondering the size because it looked deep but I didn't think you had a 40b. I just didn't know and was wondering. It's beautiful, Bronwyn.

The tank is an odd size: only three feet long, but deep (front to back) and tall. Compared to longer tanks with less volume it can look overstocked. Plus it is!! (Well, by gallonage rules, but not by actual water params).

I'm glad you like it! It gives me a lot of pleasure. :D

The tank is an odd size: only three feet long, but deep (front to back) and tall. Compared to longer tanks with less volume it can look overstocked. Plus it is!! (Well, by gallonage rules, but not by actual water params).

:) So I was kind of right then about being deep. :) It looks really good though of how you placed your plants and decorated everything. You've come a long way on your plants. (didn't you have them in glass containers a few months back?)

:) So I was kind of right then about being deep. :) It looks really good though of how you placed your plants and decorated everything. You've come a long way on your plants. (didn't you have them in glass containers a few months back?)

Yes, you were!

The plants have come a long way, but the glass containers are in my 25 gallon.

Here's the 55 gallon a year ago:

Tank_zps605c56e6.jpg

With the exception of the anubias and the java fern all the plants are plastic.

When I first added live plants:

IMG_25621_zps2604f7c1.jpg

The 25g bare bottom with glass plant containers:

IMG_2860_zpsa38238ef.jpg

The gravel always starts the week in the glass containers. By WC day it's all over the floor. I've started only replacing it every couple of weeks. There's also some anubias that was attached to rocks hiding behind the glass containers. Peaches likes to redecorate!

I don't even remember the first and last photo. I think I remember that second photo though. :) They are all real pretty in their own uniqueness.

It's always fun to look back and see progress in photo's.

Wow, the tank is looking incredible! It took me a while to remember I should be watching the brunch take place. :rofl

Loved the video :)

I don't even remember the first and last photo. I think I remember that second photo though. :) They are all real pretty in their own uniqueness.

It's always fun to look back and see progress in photo's.

I may not have posted those photos here. I don't really remember :idont ?? The last photo I think I posted of the 25g was when the Aten was still in it (I moved him back to the 55g), although the decor would have been largely the same.

The progress photos of my own tank definitely surprise me every time I look back. You forget how much things change (fish and plants alike)! I also always love looking at other peoples progress photos..

Wow, the tank is looking incredible! It took me a while to remember I should be watching the brunch take place. :rofl

Loved the video :)

Thank you!

Gorgeous!!! :thud I LOVE the tank, and the mix of fish is great. I love to see a busy tank. :heart Also, I want your moor! :lol2

Thank you! Baldrick has really come a long way since I got him as a tiny scrawny thing.

Wonder what Gumdrop and Peach Blossom would do if I put the giant zucchini from the garden in their tank.... :hummm

~~~~~~

Love your little wigglers! :heart

Thank you! Zucchini definitely seems to be the favourite veg in the tank.

• 3 weeks later...

What a cute video. All your ranchus made my cheeks rosy - they are the cutest when it comes to butt wiggles! :heart

Thank you!

Very cool! Mine only recently started eating it, but it makes SUCH a mess!

If you're having trouble with it disintigrating all over the place, try under-cooking it. For pieces 1/4" thick I only blanch for 1.5-2 minutes (I used to blanch for 3 min., but the mess got to me). I wouldn't call it fully cooked for people, but it's enough that the fish seem to be able to tear through it quite efficiently.

What a cute video. All your ranchus made my cheeks rosy - they are the cutest when it comes to butt wiggles! :heart

Thank you!

If you're having trouble with it disintigrating all over the place, try under-cooking it. For pieces 1/4" thick I only blanch for 1.5-2 minutes (I used to blanch for 3 min., but the mess got to me). I wouldn't call it fully cooked for people, but it's enough that the fish seem to be able to tear through it quite efficiently.

I don't cook it at all! I just throw a slice in there, and they tear it up. :o Lol!

Thank you!

I don't cook it at all! I just throw a slice in there, and they tear it up. :o Lol!

Hmmm . . .I didn't realize they could eat it raw. Every resource I checked (i.e. all 2 of them!) said to blanch the zucchini. If raw works I might not put in that extra effort!!