Sign in to follow this  
Balaylee

Anxious About Moving With Fish

We are moving this weekend and I'm quite worried about moving with my fish. Luckily we are literally just moving down the street, but it's complicated because the weekend we are moving me and my friends are going to a music festival. I have a big tub I got to put my fish in, but they would have to sit in there for 2 days while the tank gets moved and set up and I'm scared about having high ammonia since they are both large. I honestly just don't trust my family with taking care of my fish and need some advice on what to do.

I will be able to put my aquaclear 110 on the bin but not my canister filter. How can I keep the media in the canister alive?

Should I fast my fish a few days before the weekend to make sure ammonia stays down?

My tank is 75 gallons and non planted with 2 goldfish. I also have a 10 gallon divided non planted betta tank, how should I prepare them?

Goodluck with the move!!!!

Edited by Heidi030

Keep the media in the canister wet, and it will live.

I would fast for 2 days before the move and then you can continue fasting for the 2 days the fish are in the bin.

Good luck on the move!! ;)

Paige is right, two day fast.

Use CLEAN water, not old water from the tank, to house the fish for the duration you'll be gone, and fill the canister with old water once you've moved. It should do fine if it doesn't dry out. They should be fine with the entire 4 days of no food.

Thanks so much guys!