coopersafe for velvet

knini09

omg... finally light at the end of the tunnel... i just came back from the ER as i had a headache for two days and being pregnant does not help; i will follow the treatment for sure i just hope tomorrow he is still alive....!!!! i will do 100% water chafes for sure from tomorrow on.. i have hope lets see how it develops.... I CAN NOT THANK YOU ENOUGH..!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...!!!!

oh geez, I hope you are feeling better!

Let us know if we can help and please keep us updated :)

I can only agree with what others have said, it looks like a bad case of ich :(

Salt is going to be your best friend. Please follow Helen's advice. You'll want to raise salt levels to .3% - this is 3 tsp per gallon. Do daily water changes (or as frequently as you are able) and replace the salt you took out. So if you do a 50% water change, replace 50% of the salt etc.

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this treatment plan or how to carry out any part of it :) I hope your fish will pull through!

ok last night I did nothing it was too late and I was too tired due to the medicine I got, so today I am about to do water change 100% my salt is aquarium salt it is big rocks does the measurement of 1 tsp per gallon still apply? or shall I do another type of measurement? I got rounded measuring spoons .... I can not thank you enough guys...!!!! THANK YOU...!!!!

omg... finally light at the end of the tunnel... i just came back from the ER as i had a headache for two days and being pregnant does not help; i will follow the treatment for sure i just hope tomorrow he is still alive....!!!! i will do 100% water chafes for sure from tomorrow on.. i have hope lets see how it develops.... I CAN NOT THANK YOU ENOUGH..!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...!!!!

oh geez, I hope you are feeling better!

Let us know if we can help and please keep us updated :)

Thank you very much, I am better I have Gestational Diabetes, got diagnosed 3 days ago and was told my sugar levels were high but not how high and so I started to do the diet figures my sugars went too low and I got a headache since, was pretty bad, had to go to the ER, but all and all I am just praying everything goes fine with all my babies... so here is my game plan, please tell me if I should change something.

WATER TEMPERATURE: 80-82 F.

Day 1. (today)

9:30 am : 100% water change

10:00 am: 1 tsp of aquarium salt per gallon so I added 19 tbs as the tank is not filled to the top

*will do*

8:00 pm: 100% water change

9:00 pm: 1 tsp of salt per gallon

10:00 pm: 1 tsp of salt per gallon

(go to sleep)

Day 2 (tomorrow)

8:00 am: 100% water change

9:00 am: 1 tsp of salt per gallon

10:00 am: 1 tsp of salt per gallon

10:30 am: 1 tsp of salt per gallon

(end of the 0.3% salt treatment added at 12 hour intervals)?

For how long shall I do this? what do I need to do next? and once again thank you for all your help.!!!!! THANK YOU...!!! :goldfish:

So, given how bad it is, I would honestly add all the salt at once. You can do 1 tbsp per gallon (this is equal to 3 tsp), no need to stagger adding the salt each time, just put it all in. 1tbsp per gallon will put you at the target amount right away (.3%)

You'll also probably want to get some regular salt, aquarium salt is expensive and you're going to be using a lot. Get salt from the grocery store (a big box) that has no additives or anti caking agents. I use Morton's canning and pickling salt. Dissolve the salt in some tank water before you add it to the tank.

Then, a daily water change and add back in the salt you took out.

And make sure you vacuum the bottom well when you do your water changes

it is a bare bottom tank, shall I be scrubbing the bottom? or just vamun it? you have no idea how thankful I am for all the help I have gotten...!!! thank you...!!!

it is a bare bottom tank, shall I be scrubbing the bottom? or just vamun it? you have no idea how thankful I am for all the help I have gotten...!!! thank you...!!!

You don't have to wipe it every time but do run the vac across the bottom at every water change :)

I am sorry to let you know that the fish died, now that it is dead I see how severe the ich was, basically had no fins and when I looked at it under bright light I could see all the red spots all over his body where the ich was in the fish, even in the eyes... it was horrible to watch but now I know how bad it can get; and how fast I must act if ever comes up... now I get what ECR breeder told on her page, and it is true with Kira-Lee i have hd no problems at all, she is healthy and I had not to deal with such things as parasites only her bladder problem but when I got her, the breeder told me what to feed and how to feed and it had worked so far so I will stick with it for a long time... even if I have more goldfishes to come... . I put hot boiling water in the tank and left it for 1 hour almost I hope I killed most of the parasites, I am out of salt and I put what I had in the tank, wondering if I should let the tank dry for a couple of days and see what happens.... husband does not want more fish, but I just can't leave it alone, I would give it time and see what happens but I do want a goldfish aquarium to enjoy...

You don't have to wipe it every time but do run the vac across the bottom at every water change :)

and Thank you very much for all your help I gladly appreciate it you have no idea how much hope you gave me but life is what it is and to start it was not good for the goldfish as I already new the fish was sick .. well both of them were but I thought I could save them... I will try again in the future I will just relax and try to make next time work... THANK YOU...!!!!

I'm very sorry for your loss :( :(

In terms of disinfecting the tank, bleach, rinse well, and allow to fully dry. Any equipment used should also be bleached.