• Supporter

I've got apple snail babies. I didn't want them, but I've got them!

I thought I was doing a good job of clearing the clutches of eggs (there are many of these) but apparently I missed a few—five to be exact.

I really don't know how they made it this far, but they seem to be doing great, and they are growing fast. Now I really do have to get that second 55g started so I have a place to put them all! I guess I could have gotten rid of them, but they are too cute.

Thanks for looking!

snail1_zps687e8274.jpg

snail_zps979c4382.jpg

Awww yes they are cute! Out of ALL the MANY years that I have had snails, they NEVER had babies! I never saw eggs or baby snails. I would have enjoyed baby snails!

Guess that is both a curse and a blessing for me LOL!

• Supporter

Are you kidding? Mine lay at least two clutches a week. All they do is mate. I must have inadvertently created a snail paradise.

You are right. It is both a blessing and a curse. If I get any more, I won't have space for them.

I just took a closer look, and I have three purple, one magenta, and one blue baby, which is exactly the same number and colors as the adults that I have!

Uh oh LOL I guess you have your own snail nursery now! :rolleyes: Maybe there is a way to sell the extras on AquaBid, Ebay, or Craigslist or something? :idont