5.5 gallon dwarf puffer tank! Pics and video!

tithra

Yes, I had reticulated sting rays from the Amazon for about 5 yrs. I had them when I worked at a lfs :D they were awesome! I could pet them and feed them from a flattened hand, but had to be very careful during wc's cuz they still had their stingers :o

What an interesting little guy. His eyes crack me up. :)

He's living in a beautiful tank. It looks great.

Thank you! :)

Do puffers need heaters? If so, what kind/size would you get for a 5 gallon tank?

Yes they do

I got a cobalt neo therm 25 watt heater for this tank. It's thinner than a typical heater, but also wider.

Oh he is adorable :D

Feel free to update us on any time ;)

I would LOVE to have one of these guys at some point, but I have never seen one at any fish store in the city

Thank you! You should see if your LFS could order them!

I love watching your girl eat. She is so much more efficient than my guy.

This shows yet again that girls are smarter :rofl

Fang, if you have any pointers for someone thinking of getting a DP (single DP in a tank similar to Jess'), we'd love to hear them. :whistle

I guess I'd like to know your thoughts on food. What do you feed? :idont

:teehee

Yes, I had reticulated sting rays from the Amazon for about 5 yrs. I had them when I worked at a lfs :D they were awesome! I could pet them and feed them from a flattened hand, but had to be very careful during wc's cuz they still had their stingers :o

What an interesting little guy. His eyes crack me up. :)

He's living in a beautiful tank. It looks great.

Thank you! :)

Do puffers need heaters? If so, what kind/size would you get for a 5 gallon tank?

Yes they do

I got a cobalt neo therm 25 watt heater for this tank. It's thinner than a typical heater, but also wider.

Oh he is adorable :D

Feel free to update us on any time ;)

I would LOVE to have one of these guys at some point, but I have never seen one at any fish store in the city

Thank you! You should see if your LFS could order them!

Haha I don't have an LFS since I live in a dinky little town in the middle of nowheres.... I do get to the nearest city sometimes (3 hours away), but not very often, and so I guess it would be kind of hard for me to get them to order some since I have no idea when I will go to the city next, plus I am also poor and should not get any more fish at the moment lol

I love watching your girl eat. She is so much more efficient than my guy.

This shows yet again that girls are smarter :rofl

Fang, if you have any pointers for someone thinking of getting a DP (single DP in a tank similar to Jess'), we'd love to hear them. :whistle

I guess I'd like to know your thoughts on food. What do you feed? :idont

:teehee

In order not to hijack this topic: I made a post in this other topic, that might help! http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/118405-dwarf-puffer-setup-questions/

If not, let me know :)