5.5 gallon dwarf puffer tank! Pics and video!

tithra

So here is mr. Dwarf puffer (I believe it's a mr anyway). I chose this guy because he had made his way out of the DP tank at my LFS and into the guppy tank where he was chasing guppies, I liked his tenacity :D

5.5 gallon tank, finnex planted plus led lights with 50 par mid tank, current plants include needle leaf java fern, ludwigia red, and rotala colorata. I have some anubias petite, hygrophila pinnafitida, and marselia minuta coming for this tank as well.

uze3a5y6.jpg

7ytasyge.jpg

qavybata.jpg

eqy2aby6.jpg

Video:

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I love love love him! :heart:wub::heart

His little tank/setup is fabulous too, but it's you so..... Of coarse it's totes mcgotes! :thumbs:

Oh my gosh he's amazing! Like a sharky little hummingbird. The highlight for me was when he obviously could NOT decide between the 3 snails lol he looked so skeptical.

Oh my gosh he's amazing! Like a sharky little hummingbird. The highlight for me was when he obviously could NOT decide between the 3 snails lol he looked so skeptical.

:rofl I also had this feeling that he kept looking back at me thinking 'why the heck is this lady watching me eat!?' He is so observant...its really fun to watch him look around.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I love love love him! :heart:wub::heart

His little tank/setup is fabulous too, but it's you so..... Of coarse it's totes mcgotes! :thumbs:

Thank you!!! :D

Beautiful! The little guy's got spunk!

yes he does!

Too fun!

:D

:rofl I also had this feeling that he kept looking back at me thinking 'why the heck is this lady watching me eat!?' He is so observant...its really fun to watch him look around.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I love love love him! [emoji813] :wub: [emoji813]

Thank you!!! :D

Beautiful! The little guy's got spunk!

yes he does!

Too fun!

:D

It's the eyes! Eyes help give things emotions and has he ever got EYES! He's beautiful though and your aquascaping looks fantastic. A great project, I'm glad you had fun! And wine! And fun! Lol

It's the eyes! Eyes help give things emotions and has he ever got EYES! He's beautiful though and your aquascaping looks fantastic. A great project, I'm glad you had fun! And wine! And fun! Lol

lol... the wine helped. So much work to do still on that tank :) and yes, he has a lot of eye! :P

I had decided I wasn't going to get a DP tank. Now I want one again. :madrant

:rofl

That is just gorgeous and the music was perfect. :tomuch:

I'm thinking about a Fluval whatever the 5 gallon one is and I guess i'd just do one DP. :hmm Darn you. Got me thinking again . . . .

:o woah!

I admit I did not watch the video til now, but it is awesome! What a fierce little fighter. :rofl

:o woah!

I admit I did not watch the video til now, but it is awesome! What a fierce little fighter. :rofl

he's super fun to watch eat :P I should get a video of him chowing the black worms

Is yours full fresh water?

I totally vote for a black worm feeding fid!

What are these black worms you speak of? :scared

Delish :druel

Live black worms, the puff loves them. I got some at the pet store and will be keeping a culture from that starter. Here's there setup so far:

9u5ugy3u.jpg

Is yours full fresh water?

I totally vote for a black worm feeding fid!

Delish :druel

Yes, the dwarfs I think are the only ones that don't need brackish/saltwater at any point in their life.

The live black worms are not helping me . . . :rofl

I need to look into what a complete diet would consist of for these little guys. Do I need to set up a tank for snails AND live black worms? :thud

These DP might be more high maintenance than Alyssa. :rofl3

The live black worms are not helping me . . . :rofl

I need to look into what a complete diet would consist of for these little guys. Do I need to set up a tank for snails AND live black worms? :thud

These DP might be more high maintenance than Alyssa. :rofl3

I think if your puffer will take the frozen bloodworms then you don't need the black worms, I know fang doesn't feed them because she can't source them locally. If you have a pet store that sells them, then you don't have to keep a culture going yourself, but I figure having my own worms decreases the chances of anything being introduced via live food.

Oh yeah and just to freak you out more, leeches often come with the black worms, I found 3 in my container

I used to keep black worms when I had sting rays :)

You kept sting rays!?

Yes, I had reticulated sting rays from the Amazon for about 5 yrs. I had them when I worked at a lfs :D they were awesome! I could pet them and feed them from a flattened hand, but had to be very careful during wc's cuz they still had their stingers :o