Sign in to follow this  
Linzi Glitter

You know you have goldfish when...

You get a belly ache when someone else posts pics of their little goldies being added to their big goldie tank.anxious.gif

When I walk into the pet store and the workers say "Hi! How's your fish and tank going?"

When my friends are starting to learn who all my fish are, even without seeing them regularly

When my friends star tasking me how my fish are.

When I'm plunging my arm into freezing water in the middle of winter :P.

When I find myself talking about different breeds of goldfish as if everyone knows what they are

When I get really angry and decide I don't like someone basically because of their goldfish (or how they keep them)

When Ebay automatically suggests goldfish Items for me to buy

When I've spent more on my fish than I have on my dogs and cats

OH yes the "water change day" one. I can't make plans when I need to do water changes!

And the being upset because the fish is sick.

And talking to my friends about treatment plans for sick fish

When I wake up thinking i hear water running and can't go back to sleep until I've checked my tank hasn't sprung a leak

And finally all my friends telling me i should open an aquarium store! :rofl:

Haha wow i definitely feel you on some of those things. Whenever i'm mulling over what to do about my fish, my partner says "Why don't you ask Koko?"

when you run around screaming to everyone DON'T BUY GOLDFISH!~ repeatedly!

And yet here we all are lol :nana

When your cat recognizes the routine you go through on water change day, because she likes to chase the poo as it moves through the python hose. WC day is my kitten's FAVORITE day....and I'm just setting up for one now :nana

How cute are cats about the fish! My cat is the same! I have to stay very close to the tank when the hood is up for a water change, otherwise she tries to go fishing! :aint:

When you spend your entire paycheck on goldfish things while other girls your age are buying yoga pants.

hahaha I have to admit I want both the yoga pants and the goldfish things. Maybe my goldies will have to start earning their keep!

When you're watching tv and you see a goldfish in a bowl, and go on to rant and rave about how goldfish don't belong in bowls

At least these kind of rants end up educating people! I think they are valuable!

When you and your partner's idea of a date is the local fish store.

When you are on a first name basis with the local fish store owners.

When you are trying to explain homemade goldfish food to your mother, and why it will be in the freezer.

The phrase "Sorry, I had to go make sure the fish didn't pass out in the salt bath"

When your partner says, "Don't you have another tank? We *could* get him."

You're lucky to have such a supportive partner! Or perhaps unlucky to have someone enabling your addiction :teehee

...when you spend your only day off doing water changes, and don't mind one bit!

I find it kind of meditative :D

When you realize you spent over a grand to care for that 50 cent fish you got and now contemplate buying a $200 gold fish when before a $20 one sounded outrageous. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yes I added up how much my setup is worth the other day, and it was SCARY :yikes

One of my fish was a freebie from the lfs, one was a 'feeder' for $1, and the other two were $5-10 dollars each. But to me they are priceless.

There's that moment when you're trying to fall asleep and you have to get up and throw a bucket of water into your tank because the filter return is splashing just a little too loud.

OMG this!

Your dreams have goldfish in them somewhere, or you dream that you are doing water changes in your dreams :fishtank

Yep!!

When you walk into the petstore and make a B line to the goldfish area

I actually avoid the fish section at the petstore becasue a) that leads to me spending heaps of money and b) I find it really sad because the goldies usually look so unhealthy :(

When your nightmares are about flukes. Or bacterial cysts. Or the goldies somehow jumping out of the tank and getting beached on the floor (even though I have a very secure hood, I have still dreamed this before! And had to get up in the middle of the night to check they are all still in the tank!)

This is a great topic you thought of. As I'm reading these I'm laughing at so many of them because they are so true. hahaha It's hilarious. These comments would make a great little fish book for the coffee table. Another reason for family and friends to think were fish crazy. :)

I would love these things in a little book! With beautiful high res images of different varieties of goldfish!

I have to say I'm enjoying this thread too! It's making me feel far less like a crazy goldfish lady. If we all do these crazy things, then they aren't actually crazy, they are normal right? right? :idont

When the glow from your many fish tanks is enough light to read by at night

You just "Peek" at websites that sell fish and you tell yourself "I am just going to take a quick look"

You feel like a Goldfish Hoarder with all of your wall to wall tanks

Your friends and family say they feel like they are in a pet store when they come to visit your home

Your entire memory card in your camera is all pictures of your fish and you can't bear to delete any of them

This is a great topic you thought of. As I'm reading these I'm laughing at so many of them because they are so true. hahaha It's hilarious. These comments would make a great little fish book for the coffee table. Another reason for family and friends to think were fish crazy. :)

I would love these things in a little book! With beautiful high res images of different varieties of goldfish!

I have to say I'm enjoying this thread too! It's making me feel far less like a crazy goldfish lady. If we all do these crazy things, then they aren't actually crazy, they are normal right? right? :idont

Well, the good news is you have lots of company! :lol2

When the glow from your many fish tanks is enough light to read by at night

You just "Peek" at websites that sell fish and you tell yourself "I am just going to take a quick look"

You feel like a Goldfish Hoarder with all of your wall to wall tanks

Your friends and family say they feel like they are in a pet store when they come to visit your home

Your entire memory card in your camera is all pictures of your fish and you can't bear to delete any of them

If I had a basement or extra room I'd have so many tanks lol

...when you contemplate getting rid of your sofa(unlike someone around here, :teehee I only have one!)to make room for a nice BIG tank!

When you feel guilty eating Goldfish crackers :rolleyes:

You skip two haircuts so you can buy a better bio-filter

You want to put on hand lotion but consider whether you need to "do something in the tank..." first.

You already have regular edamame in the freezer but make a special trip to the store to buy Organic Edamame because you need it to make goldfish gel food.

Your man says to a house guest that "the fish eat better than me." Then he thinks about it for a moment and corrects himself. "More regularly than me."

Your friends start to buy you gifts with a goldfish theme.

If your enjoying this thread you might want to check out:

you know you'r a kokonut when....

When you cringe at a parent buying their small child a goldfish in a pet store. :donthit:

When you upgrade your tank, then continue to use the old one. Then you upgrade to an even bigger tank, but continue to use the other two. So before you know it you have three different fish tanks and you spend your time figuring out how you want to split up your goldfish so the bioload in each tank is acceptable.

When you're at the fish store and can hear a customer asking questions and the employee is giving answers and you move a little closer, and a little closer, but not too close, but close enough that you can hear if the employee is complety wrong or not and then trying to resist the urge to tell the customer the correct info after the employee walks away.

When you're at the fish store and can hear a customer asking questions and the employee is giving answers and you move a little closer, and a little closer, but not too close, but close enough that you can hear if the employee is complety wrong or not and then trying to resist the urge to tell the customer the correct info after the employee walks away.

Or worse still, when you are an employee and you have to fight the urge to tell a customer that what another employee told them was incorrect :rofl

When your partner can't find common household utensils (scissors, string, elastics, spoons, sand paper, Tupperware, freezer bags, measuring cups, razor blades, tweezers, tongs etc...) and your response is "check the fish shelves".

When half the baggies and containers in your freezer are labeled "For fish/NOT people"

When every charge on your credit card has "aqua" in the business title

When your LFS calls you on stock day at closing, worried because they haven't seen you...

If you spend 10 mins on Google in the plant section at Walmart, trying to figure out if that neat plant can be aquatic (or worse, when you don't need google)

When your kid expects you to return with plants or a new fish every time you leave the house

If your children can differentiate between black moors and orandas

If your kids correct the petsmart employees

When you partner doesn't keep fish...but understands the nitrogen cycle

That kid part is right about correcting the employees I have done it several times to the same person on different occasions at pets@home :lol:

When you spend your money on fish stuff, realise you still need more stuff and don't have the money and you are saving for a new gaming computer... the computer can wait :lol:

When your parents argue over who is taking you to the local fish/ pet store because you spend hours choosing one exact fish out of over 100 tanks

When you have spare tanks half full of water on your bedroom floor

When you say you are gonna save up for a bigger fish tank and your parents say no you aren't you already have too many :madrant:tantrum

When your friends have no clue what you are saying and just nod :help::Beware::saywhat

When you say to your friends you have a new ... and they guess it a new fish :newfish

When you start to contemplate moving out of your parents and then you realize there might not be an apartment for you AND your 110 gallon tank :doh11:

When you start to contemplate moving out of your parents and then you realize there might not be an apartment for you AND your 110 gallon tank :doh11:

This is my worry. My mom suggested we ALL move to an apartment..

Finding an apartment that accepts my dog and cats? Sure, that shouldn't be too difficult at all.

Finding an apartment that will accept nearly 1000 lbs worth of aquarium? Not...so ...easy... :thud

Yep... and in this town it's hard to find a place the will accept multiple animals. One cat? Sure! Two? eh I don't know. So 110 gallon tank.... yeah right....

This is my worry. My mom suggested we ALL move to an apartment..

Finding an apartment that accepts my dog and cats? Sure, that shouldn't be too difficult at all.

Finding an apartment that will accept nearly 1000 lbs worth of aquarium? Not...so ...easy... :thud

Yep... and in this town it's hard to find a place the will accept multiple animals. One cat? Sure! Two? eh I don't know. So 110 gallon tank.... yeah right....

I rent and we are only allowed one cat or one small dog (They don't mind my two 40 gallon breeder tanks with my Hermit Crab or my 6 Fish tanks :teehee ) But we live where there is no basement so the floor is just a cement foundation under the carpeting so my floors can handle all the weight of all my tanks! :flex::D

Right before I moved here, we lived in another city where we lived in an apartment on the 2nd floor and it was in an OLD building and I was always scared that the floors would collapse because they squeaked so much and I had even more tanks there, only they were smaller tanks so I spaced them out throughout several rooms. The end apartment of that building (Where my sister lived and was just a few apartments down the hall from me) just had repairs done because 2 whole walls just crumbled right off the building! They had just got done repairing the living room and kitchen walls before my sister moved in, I am glad I don't live there no more! (neither does my sister ;) )Imagine if we had rented that apartment and my tanks were on the wall that crumbled to the sidewalks below! They'd probable would have blamed my tanks for the collapse and the tanks may have fell to the pavement as well! :yikes

when dropsy is worse than getting the flu

you have to tell your family that the little green cubes they've eaten were fish food

you know how to prepair food for fish better than food for yourself

you're most expensive meal was for a fish

when your ideal valentines day is eating ice cream alone and feeding your fish repashy whilst watching finding nemo

dandy orandas blackfriday sale is the only reason you wait for black friday

your birthdays and christmas wish lists are 50% fish and 50% gift cards so you can use the cards to get what fish stuff they forgot

you know when the next dollar per gallon sale is months before its started

Edited by Gustave