You know you have goldfish when...

When you can't ever save money for a vacation trip because you keep spending too much on fish stuff and you say "Oh well, maybe next month" then you end up buying too much fish stuff again the next month, and pretty soon you say " Well maybe we can go on vacation next year" But you already know the answer. :whistle

Story of my life! :o I have wanted to go on a Mediterranean cruise for like three years now but can never save enough! :doh11: new goal is within 3 years :rofl

We should all pool our savings together and go on a trip together!.....Know where?....The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago Illinois! LOL! :tomuch:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you can't ever save money for a vacation trip because you keep spending too much on fish stuff and you say "Oh well, maybe next month" then you end up buying too much fish stuff again the next month, and pretty soon you say " Well maybe we can go on vacation next year" But you already know the answer. :whistle

Story of my life! :o I have wanted to go on a Mediterranean cruise for like three years now but can never save enough! :doh11: new goal is within 3 years :rofl

We should all pool our savings together and go on a trip together!.....Know where?....The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago Illinois! LOL! :tomuch:

That place is awesome!

When you have this in the corner of your livingroom, mainly because you don't have people over anyway, but the few people who do come over don't bother asking because they already think/know you're:crazy-smiley-5.gif?w=627

003_zps6603497a.jpg

When your dad decides to come to an lfs and spends the entire time talking to the fish like they're little children.

When you learn things in science you already knew because you keep aquariums.

This. When I was in 7th grade I knew more about pH than the teacher did. :rofl

• Supporter

When you realize you spent over a grand to care for that 50 cent fish you got and now contemplate buying a $200 gold fish when before a $20 one sounded outrageous. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by Daniel E.

When you realize you spent over a grand to care for that 50 cent fish you got and now contemplate buying a $200 gold fish when before a $20 one sounded outrageous. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Seriously...... gosh darn 50¢ cuteness turned into more than 50¢!

When your sisters get in your room asking:'' What are you doing with the computer? Oh It's Goldie stuff'' and leave. :teehee

So true! For me I'll be on my phone and my brother says "What are you doing?"

Me: "I'm on my phone"

Him: "So you're on the fishy forum...?"

Me: "I might be...."

Him: "Yep I knew it.." and goes to play on the computer.

:rofl

When your sisters get in your room asking:'' What are you doing with the computer? Oh It's Goldie stuff'' and leave. :teehee

So true! For me I'll be on my phone and my brother says "What are you doing?"

Me: "I'm on my phone"

Him: "So you're on the fishy forum...?"

Me: "I might be...."

Him: "Yep I knew it.." and goes to play on the computer.

:rofl

:rofl True story!

There's that moment when you're trying to fall asleep and you have to get up and throw a bucket of water into your tank because the filter return is splashing just a little too loud.

I don't have people over often but every time I do they notice my tank is bigger than the last time they were over. Or I have added another one.

I wish I lived closer to work so I could feed all my fish on my lunch break.

You have spare fish "stuff" everywhere that you know you'll never use, but refuse to sell.

You assume everyone knows what the nitrogen cycle is.

You roll your eyes at people who feed flake food, have a fish bowl, pour anything but water conditioner or medicine into their water,

I could go all day...

There's that moment when you're trying to fall asleep and you have to get up and throw a bucket of water into your tank because the filter return is splashing just a little too loud.

Yes!!!

You celebrate prematurely that your goldfish didn't eat your plants, just wake up and realize they started eating the plants...

When you brag about how your fish teach other bad habits

When you look forward to water change day like it's spring cleaning

When most of your close friends have had a lecture on the nitrogen cycle and bb

When you explain to people that your filter media is a highly valued item in your home. (I'd give away my TV before I lose any established media!)

When your grocery list includes salmon, baby food, and agar agar and you don't eat any of them

When, after feeding fresh foods to your goldfish, you wonder if you shouldn't be doing the same thing for your furry pets. (For those curious, I decided that yes, they should be getting more fresh food, but still primarily eat purchased foods. Kind of like the fish!).

Similarly, when there's days the fish eat better than you do!

This is a great topic you thought of. As I'm reading these I'm laughing at so many of them because they are so true. hahaha It's hilarious. These comments would make a great little fish book for the coffee table. Another reason for family and friends to think were fish crazy. :)